Daily Report 2015-06-10

Options
Hey,

Alisa I can definitely understand your want to keep your raspberry jungle, I have a few blueberry bushes and love putting them in my cereal or cooking them in pancakes in the mornings and I can't wait til next year when my strawberries start making really good. It's so much cheaper and more satisfying to grow your own fruits and veggies then having to hassle the people at the grocery store just to get the cheapest, ripest, and freshest produce. My husband and I have already started putting back some of our veggies for the fall and winter time.

Today is going to be a good, I can feel it. I did zumba this morning and my little kittens tried to join but quickly decided it wasn't for them lol and this afternoon I have a date with weights and I might shoot my bow before dinner :grin:.

Since I won't be participating in the race Friday, but I will participate in the crawfish boil they'll be having afterwards, my husband has decided to make it up to me by taking me out to dinner Saturday and taking me to see Jurassic World :bigsmile:, it's also our anniversary so it'll be for both. I'm very excited, cause I was a HUGE dinosaur geek when I was younger and I kind of still am lol :wink:.

37718z07qqfo.jpg

Have a great day everyone, can't wait to hear from you all.

~ Kris

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes, hate the supermarket produce. I also can and freeze all that I can but nothing beats fresh right off the vine. I only let the raspberries grow wild amongst the fruit trees. He can at least give me that.

Keep up all your good work. Is your bow hunting season over or do you have more hunts coming up. Do you bow hunt for larger game?

What a day yesterday was for me. I did the strength training in the morning and then only 25 minutes of running because of the 91 F heat. I just couldn't run anymore. I figured that was my day. Nope...my husband picked me up from work and said "Let's go hiking". You know I cannot say no to hiking.....ever! Figured we could get in a few hours before dark. We got almost to the top (that's the fastest he has ever done it) to see the sunset. It was beautiful! You could see the reflection of the sun in the lake. Breathtaking! The pics did not do it justice. Now to get down before dark, and even more than that, get the truck out of the parking before they lock the gate at 10. So we are headed down but he is not keeping up. So I take the keys and high tail it down the mountain. I had about a half a mile in the dark (with a flashlight). I am prepared. So grateful I didn't stumble. I deserved real ice cream. :smiley: Might be a rest day today. Might be....

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Remember....only you can change tomorrow!

Alisa
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes, my hunting season is over for now. My husband and I only hunt white tailed deer, turkeys, hogs, and squirrels but we try to practice as often as possible, this year I've stuck with it better than I did last year. The deer are the only ones we hunt with bow though (I need better broad heads for hogs or turkeys, they have very thick layers). I'd love to go on a guided hunt up north to hunt elk or moose but I'm content with my white tails for now.

I love hiking, and bet that view was amazing. I want to take a trip up to the mountains soon, do some more hiking like during my honeymoon. It was a good thing you were prepared, I would have probably rolled down the rest of way lol I'm just that clumsy.
  • scrapbookingtm
    Options
    Here is a pic of the almost sunset. Not very good off my phone. It was breathtaking to see it.
    v5t247v817k6.jpg

what time of year is your deer hunt?
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WOW, I bet it was even better in person. That's actually a really good picture for a cellphone.

Our season starts the 1st of October and ends January 31st. We can bow hunt all season though.
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Back on track for the summer! Had a great run this morning and did Pilates with a friend in the afternoon. This sounds super weird but you know that awesome feeling when your pee is clear and you know you're drinking a ton of water?! That was today:)
  • scrapbookingtm
    Options
    glad you are back!