Free Day!

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Do something fitness related that costs you absolutely no money. Go run. Go ride a bike. Take a walk in a city park. Do a free Youtube video. Do something that costs no money to perform. You shouldn't have to pay for your health.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Today is practice day since my recital is next Saturday, I will be working on my solo routine with veil fans. When not preparing for a show, I would be outside at the park or on the Pinellas trail (a wonderful idea someone came up with: a paved trail for walking/running/rollerskating/skateboarding/bike riding that runs from one end of the county that I live in to another with well marked crosswalks for when the trail crosses roadways) all free.

Great idea Sir aak!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Good topic! I've already had my walk, will do some stretches in a bit, feeling a little stiff.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and I love that! FREE HEALTH DAY!!!!!!!!! It is totally ridiculous how much things cost now. I mean for real I want a bike a basic bike...okay when I checked prices I am like " am I buying a used car or a bike?!?!?!!!!!" To take some classes you feel like you need a loan...and don't get me started on cost of Personal Training!

I love it...especially after recession couple years ago I had to cut back so free and simple has been my thing. I really like Fitness Blender because sweat your butt off workouts and free! Walking is free!
    I had a nice walk today!
  • KimCanKimWill
    Options
    OK...I'm going home and getting in my pool!
    I use the water noodles to help with resistance training!
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    I totally agree and I love that! FREE HEALTH DAY!!!!!!!!! It is totally ridiculous how much things cost now. I mean for real I want a bike a basic bike...okay when I checked prices I am like " am I buying a used car or a bike?!?!?!!!!!" To take some classes you feel like you need a loan...and don't get me started on cost of Personal Training!

I love it...especially after recession couple years ago I had to cut back so free and simple has been my thing. I really like Fitness Blender because sweat your butt off workouts and free! Walking is free!
    I had a nice walk today!

Check the thrift shops. They almost always have used bikes at cut rate prices. They won't be the fastest thing on the road, but they'll be better than nothing.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I already pay for the gym membership. The family pool pass is too expensive for a constantly over crowded pool. The extras like Zumba are just a plus...

We are planning on taking them swimming..... doesn't fit into this challenge.... I did take a short walk though.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and I love that! FREE HEALTH DAY!!!!!!!!! It is totally ridiculous how much things cost now. I mean for real I want a bike a basic bike...okay when I checked prices I am like " am I buying a used car or a bike?!?!?!!!!!"

Check the thrift shops. They almost always have used bikes at cut rate prices. They won't be the fastest thing on the road, but they'll be better than nothing.

Also a place to check is pawn shops. You can pay a little extra and if you decide you don't like it, you can take the bike back and exchange it for another that might work better and they give you the same price on the old bike in the exchange. That's how my husband slowly kept upgrading bikes until the next thing I knew we had bikes worth $1000s instead of a $100 and he may have paid $200 for them total. Its is absolutely insane that I ride a $3000 bike that he paid $150 for but I do - we all ride bikes that are worth way more than I would ever pay for a bike. My husband has also learned exactly what he's looking at when he looks a bike over. He now knows when he's looking at parts on a bike that are worth more than the whole bike price. Most pawn shops look at the brand of bike and don't consider the components into the price. And people upgrade stuff all the time. Find a local bike shop and ask some questions. That's what he has done - self educatoin for finding the best deal as now become almost an obsession. But we have all benefitted from his new hobby. :happy:
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    I have a $150 bike I paid $150 for. :angry: