Fitbit flex date wrong

Options
460mustang
460mustang Posts: 196 Member
I synced my flex today after waking to check my sleep pattern and got nothing. It did sync and it also syncs with my phone. I can walk with my phone and watch the steps count up. Check my Fitbit dashboard and it says zero steps. I checked my MFP Check In page, and it says, "Fitbit steps 58 on 11/25/2028"
Take a look at the date, 2028!!! Either I slept a very long time last night or I went back to the future!
I did a reset several times and that did not help. Anybody else having this problem?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you mean by your "MFP Check In page." You should see a Fitbit calorie adjustment in today's diary under exercise. If you click on it, you will see the math MFP used to calculate it.
  • 460mustang
    Options
    On my MFP windows computer app if I go where you input your weight, neck size, waist, and hips, down below that it shows my fitbit steps and Fitbit sleep minutes
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in is just reports—it doesn't affect your calories at all.
  • 460mustang
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in is just reports—it doesn't affect your calories at all.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why my fitbit app is not counting my steps today and since MFP can read and write to fitbit wondering why MFP is giving me the date as November 25, 2028. I don't know if something is wrong with my fitbit or if MFP did something. I've been reading the forums on fitbit, and trying different things, but so far nothing. I think I may let the fitbit battery go dead and see if that resets the date.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If that doesn't work and nothing else is showing a weird date (your phone, your computer), then I'd call Fitbit Customer Service.
  • 460mustang
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If that doesn't work and nothing else is showing a weird date (your phone, your computer), then I'd call Fitbit Customer Service.

I fixed it! Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled my computer app, that didn't work. I finally disconnected it from my android phone app, put it on the charger and did a restart, reconnected it to my phone and that worked. I tried numerous times to restart the fitbit today but it did not work. Now my steps show up on both the computer and phone. Unfortunately, I lost today's data, maybe when 11/25/2028 comes around it'll show up. If I live that long.
    I knew the thing was still working cause when I tapped it the lights would flash. I could put it in and out of sleep mode, it would sync to both the computer and phone. The food that I logged in MFP showed up on Fitbit dashboard, but my step data would not show on the dashboard.
    Well, at least it only took a day to figure it out, hopefully it behave tonight so I can capture my sleep data.

Thanks