Survivors with other health issues

Options
survivor1952
survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
Would be interested to hear from breast cancer survivors who also have additional health issues.
In addition to being a breast cancer survivor (12 1/2 years) I have thyroid problems (Hashimotos disease) high blood pressure, high cholesterol, I am pre-diabetic and have diverticulosis. I think I am a victim of "bad genes"...heart problems on my mothers side, stroke & cancer in my dad's family. :smile:

Fortunately, I believe in being pro active regarding my health problems. I take my meds faithfully and have most everything under control. I know that thanks to the chemo that my immune system was damaged and Hashimotos is immune system related. I am thankful that I have an extremely positive attitude on not letting my health problems get the better of me. I am grateful for every morning I wake up and am able to live another beautiful day.

Anyone else with breast cancer plus other issues want to comment?

Replies

• SurvivorMay2010
    SurvivorMay2010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you are a true trooper. I am only 3 years clean and so far so good. I have lymphademia in right arm and hand but I barely notice it. I still have numbness in feet from the chemo, but again I rarely notice it. I like you try to keep positive. it is what it is and we just have to live good and deal with our issues (cancer related) with a positive attitude. it is what gets me through day after day. you keep your chin up and keep up the positive attitude, as it goes a long way. have a great weekend.:smile: