VERY informative video re: CICO (calories in/calories out)

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ewexMZ1-o&feature=player_embedded

I watched this today. Wow. This guy spent 3 YEARS studying research about whether or not counting calories really helps weight loss. Bottom line?- for a small percentage of people, it works. For everyone else? Not so much-- especially when it comes to permanent weight loss. Might be worth your time to check it out. :) Enjoy!

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I tried explaining this once to the "masses" when I first joined MFP. They chewed me up and spit me out. Lol. I did a very strict CICO for years with little to no effect. I don't know why it's so hard for the mo understand that everyone is different and it's ok for different things to work for different people. Even with the sleeve I can't just "eat what I want just in smaller portions". If I eat any bread, sugar or processed foods, no matter what size, I don't lose any weight. But what do I know... I've only had my body my entire life. Lol
  • Thaeda
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I tried explaining this once to the "masses" when I first joined MFP. They chewed me up and spit me out. Lol. I did a very strict CICO for years with little to no effect. I don't know why it's so hard for the mo understand that everyone is different and it's ok for different things to work for different people. Even with the sleeve I can't just "eat what I want just in smaller portions". If I eat any bread, sugar or processed foods, no matter what size, I don't lose any weight. But what do I know... I've only had my body my entire life. Lol

There is a WONDERFUL LCHF board here on MFP if you are interested in being a part of a community that supports that lifestyle. Send me a PM and I will get you the link. I avoid the main forums like the plague-- just too many meanies. :)
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is a WONDERFUL LCHF board here on MFP if you are interested in being a part of a community that supports that lifestyle. Send me a PM and I will get you the link. I avoid the main forums like the plague-- just too many meanies. :) [/quote]

I would like that link please?

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Send her a private message for the link.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Send her a private message for the link.

I PM'd her. Thanks! :)