C25K!

Options
Vkenton
Vkenton Posts: 21 Member
Hey guys! Today I'm starting the C25K. I'm gonna usually run MWF, but I want to do one extra day one to understand what I'm getting into (but it won't make me stop).

Any tips to share? Anyone else starting out who wants to be support?

Replies

• catherinecg88
    catherinecg88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say, if you're unable to complete a day, repeat it. I'm not sure if that's what they tell you to do but it really helped me keep up in the later weeks.
  • Vkenton
    Options
    I was actually planning on it. I wasn't gonna push myself to finish a week if I wasn't prepared. I'm expecting lots of repeats, but will be pleasantly surprised if they are not necessary.
  • MissHania
    MissHania Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done a repeat day on day one and the repeat was easier than the first time I did it... visited my folks for the weekend and was unable to do day two ( I knew I forgot to pack something.. work out stuff DUH). and I repeated day one today to get back on track. Woo for C25k!
  • Vkenton
    Options
    Woo! I repeated day 1 because I wanted to make sure I did it right. I'll be doing it again Wednesday, but this time with a friend :D
  • narrayya
    narrayya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm very heavy, and I find I have the most success when I focus on my form over my distance. I keep my steps short, close to my body and make sure I'm not coming down too hard, especially on my heels. (I aim for a mid-foot strike) I used to over-extend and I would always quit early during longer intervals because of jelly legs and never knew why, because as far as my breathing and endurance I felt like I could have gone longer. I did w3d1 yesterday and found it easy enough that I did an extra 3 minute interval, and still wasn't dying when I got home.

Slow and steady! Speed will come later!