HEY GUYS!!!

Options
CaitlynnCarson
CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
Hi guys, my name is Caitlynn. I am a 22 year old Army Wife currently residing on Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. I am looking at losing 65-70lbs, as I am at my heaviest weight of 240lbs. My short term goal is to lose about 20lbs by August. My self discipline for resisting food is BEYOND TERRIBLE! When we order BBQ chicken pizza with onions, bacon and pineapple.... I eat 4 pieces. FOUR PIECES! Even though Im not hungry after 2 pieces, I love the taste too much to say stop. Anyways, hope we can all help each other! Here's to a FUN and PROGRESSIVE journey! :smiley:

Replies

• ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your husband's service, and thank you for all you do in supporting him!
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad you joined. You are going through a lot right now Caitlyn so stop beating yourself up about it. You will find the will to do this. You have many good days and the occasional bad days, concentrate on the good days. Tonight I was craving chicken wings! So I made them myself, baked them and peeled the skin off the ones I was going to eat, and no sauce and vegies were the side, for ALL of us, lol. No one complained, they all ate them and left happy. Okay the wine i'm going to go drink at the neighbours for the next few hours will be bad but exercise helps, so don't forget to do that and all that packing you are doing counts.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    Options
    Thank you for your husband's service, and thank you for all you do in supporting him!

It was his calling since he was a kid. He loves it. Its hard but I am very proud.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    Options
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    Hi, glad you joined. You are going through a lot right now Caitlyn so stop beating yourself up about it. You will find the will to do this. You have many good days and the occasional bad days, concentrate on the good days. Tonight I was craving chicken wings! So I made them myself, baked them and peeled the skin off the ones I was going to eat, and no sauce and vegies were the side, for ALL of us, lol. No one complained, they all ate them and left happy. Okay the wine i'm going to go drink at the neighbours for the next few hours will be bad but exercise helps, so don't forget to do that and all that packing you are doing counts.

Oh Ginette, you are just too kind. I wouldnt beat myself up if I was actually losing weight but Ive been at this for over a month and have lost only 3lbs where, according to my goals, I should have lost between 8-10lbs by now (2lbs per week).
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    But you did lose and you have started making steps in the right direction and that's what counts, you've made the relationships you need in this group to keep you on track, you've got this, I know you do!
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitlynn, I just joined this group this morning. Nice to meet you and I think all of us can relate to your post. I think the biggest step is recognizing and acknowledging when we do this. It's the first step in helping us find ways to break this habit and find better ways going forward. I remember the day when it finally sunk in that I am an emotional and stress eater. It's still a coping mechanism for me and something I still struggle with. I seem to be an all or nothing kind of gal! ;)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    GinetteMac wrote: »

Oh Ginette, you are just too kind. I wouldnt beat myself up if I was actually losing weight but Ive been at this for over a month and have lost only 3lbs where, according to my goals, I should have lost between 8-10lbs by now (2lbs per week).

Just a mere 9 days ago and now you are a gym addicted woman. Keep it up buttercup, you've got this!