NJ Pizza

Options
mattyc772014
mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
Famous Rays of NY. Yeah I know.....they are in NJ. Lol This place was and is a staple for me. Whether your your trying to soak up the late night alcohol or just need a slice...love em.
http://www.famousrayspizzanyc.com

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    herm- can't open currently- is that a north NJ thing? I'm always on the hunt for a new place- the place across from me is tolerable. 15 bucks gets me a medium meat covered pizza and some delicious garlic knots. I'm totally a pizza snob at this point. LOL
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Yes north jersey for sure. How far south are you? One of my faves by the shore is Three Brothers pizza on the Seaside Heights broadwalk.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm in Trenton- so to you all north people I'm "south" we have a couple around here people rave about- I honestly don't think they are that good. I'd rather go to papa johns and get a consistent pizza than the inconsistency I get from mom and pop places.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm in Trenton- so to you all north people I'm "south" we have a couple around here people rave about- I honestly don't think they are that good. I'd rather go to papa johns and get a consistent pizza than the inconsistency I get from mom and pop places.

I'm close to there... My favorite so far is Delorenzo's tomato pies in Robbinsville. I tried the Vault in Bordendown the other day and was disappointed. I mean, it was good, but it wasn't THAT good.

I like Palermo's as well in Hamilton. Their Brooklyn pizza was fantastic. But yeah I still like Papa John quite a bit but the one that delivered to my house closed down last year. Brothers on 33 isn't bad either but I only had one bite and burned my mouth, so I have to try it again (my Italian friend says it's her favorite place though).