101 Best Pizzas in America 2014

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Great list! I've been to three of them! (Pizzeria Bianco, Lou Malnatis, and Imos)

It definitely seems biased toward east coast pie, I was kind of surprised a Chicago place didn't appear until #39 or something!

Looks like I've got a lot of places to try!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Wait for next year. It changes somewhat every year. My fave in Brooklyn was 10 last year and in think 39 this year.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Looks like I need to pay a visit to Brooklyn next time I'm in New York.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for Antico and Verrisanos in Atlanta.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I can vouch for Antico and Verrisanos in Atlanta.

That's good to know since I'm more likely to be in Atlanta in the near future. Which do you prefer?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Antico is the better pizza IMO, but it's a wonky place just north of the Georgia Tech campus. They originally didn't have any table seating, though they've added some since. It gets crowded, too.

Verrisanos is more upscale in the Buckhead area off Peachtree, so white tablecloth service and prices to match. But, they've opened a spot in the Atlanta Airport (Concourse C, IIRC) that does a pretty damned good job considering the location.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Antico is the better pizza IMO, but it's a wonky place just north of the Georgia Tech campus. They originally didn't have any table seating, though they've added some since. It gets crowded, too.

Verrisanos is more upscale in the Buckhead area off Peachtree, so white tablecloth service and prices to match. But, they've opened a spot in the Atlanta Airport (Concourse C, IIRC) that does a pretty damned good job considering the location.

Cool, thanks.