Fitness Trackers?

Options
shortypage1123
shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
Does anyone else use a fitness tracker on your wrist? I purchased a fit bit flex back in September right before my surgery. I am not as pleased with it as I thought I would be. I have to tell it when I am going to sleep and my biggest issue is trying to charge it. The charger has a short in it or something because you have to get it just right in order for it to charge. I was wondering what other options you guys may use or recommend?

Also, when we put something in here as a discussion is there anyway to get a notification when someone responds?

Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I use a FitBit One attached to my key ring. It stays in my pocket most of the time, or I'll clip it to my belt if I am doing something sans keys. I find it very motivating and accurate enough for my purposes.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use a Misfit Shine and use it as my watch. It takes a small battery and the sync level lets you know when it is time to change it (about every 6 months).
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i use the fitbit charge. it synchs to MFP and only have to charge it about once a week. it actually lasts a little longer than a week, but i recharge it on Sundays to avoid doing it during the week. takes about an hours or so to fully charge
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit flex, it is hard to charge at times you have to reset it. I got mine at Bestbuy and got the warranty, I have had to take it back and get a new one every 3 to 6 months. Thank goodness I had the warranty I get a new one and up the warranty so I have it for the next one. to reset the unit plug it in and take a paper clip unwind the clip so you have a sharp point and put it in the little hole on the side of the charger and it will blink twice and reset. Also, do not wear fitbit in shower or while swimming. Keep the brass connections clean, you can clean it with a toothbrush.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge HR. I don't need to tell it I am going to sleep but it still has the short charger though. I wish it sent notifications, you can suggest it on the MFP suggestion page.
  • heathergshea
    heathergshea Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just returned me and my husbands Fitbit charge. I didn't like it. It was bulky on my wrist and my husband and I always had variation in our steps. I am using the fitness app on my phone and ordered an armband for my phone. Thinking of getting a belt clip as well. I can get the same tracking and motivation on my phone and not have to pay almost $150!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    the mapmyfitness family of apps work on almost all phones and they're free. they can be linked to MFP also.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone UP. I do like it in general but I also like using the mapmyfitness stuff since I'm often doing swimming or soccer or something that doesn't track. When I use mapmyfitness and UP, it double tracks in MFP and I can't get it to drop one without the other. So I gradually stopped using the UP. These days my life is not very active unless I'm specifically working out and then it's very active, so mapmyfitness works best. I did like it for sleep tracking, especially when I was nursing and cosleeping. Now I'm mostly sleeping through the night and don;t really need it.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit flex for over a year now. I had some problems with my first one, but fitbit quickly replaced it and I've had no issues with the new one they sent me. I do find that resetting it occasionally helps out with things, and while they say that it's water resistant, I minimize water activities with it or slip it inside a small, latex balloon before putting it into my wristband if I'm going to be in the water for prolonged periods of time. Otherwise, I love it. As far as sleep tracking goes, I just tap it a couple of times when I get into bed and then tap again when I'm out. If I forget, it's easy to adjust since the sleep dashboard pretty much tells you when you woke up.
  • lioykavsg
    lioykavsg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit flex. I had a charging issue too with the charger. It had a short in the wire. I contacted them and they sent me a new charging wire. Shortly after, it went thru the wash and it was done. I replaced it with a misfit shine. It is way more durable and I like that it takes a watch battery. They sell the coin battery at dollar tree for $1. It also tracks sleep and u don't need to tell it when u sleep.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and I love it. No problems charging or tracking everything... Except weight lifting exercise. I haven't tried biking with it yet but I fully expect it not to track that well either. That being said I would buy it again! It really fine tuned my weightloss
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started out with the Fitbit Charge, but after a week I went a exchanged it for the Fitbit Charge HR. I have found that the charge HR is more accurate with calculating my calories burned and helps me to better target my workouts to be in the fatburn zone. It has done very well at keeping me motivated to be active :)
  • ambrosia79
    ambrosia79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Fitbit One since November and I love it. My mom has a flex and my number 1 complaint is that you can't see your steps on it. I like to keep tabs on my step count throughout the day when I'm not at the computer. I don't find the sleep tracker all that accurate for me, but I do use it. If I forget to set the sleep tracker, I can manually add it on the website by logging the time I went to bed and when I woke up. Can you do that with the flex?
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin vivosmart. Over all I like it a lot. The app has some definite glitches, but it's waterproof, has a bunch of settings and neat features. I wear it as my watch, but haven't used it in a gym type setting.
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ambrosia79 wrote: »
    I have been using the Fitbit One since November and I love it. My mom has a flex and my number 1 complaint is that you can't see your steps on it. I like to keep tabs on my step count throughout the day when I'm not at the computer. I don't find the sleep tracker all that accurate for me, but I do use it. If I forget to set the sleep tracker, I can manually add it on the website by logging the time I went to bed and when I woke up. Can you do that with the flex?

Yes you can log on to the app or the website and log your sleep time.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin vivo fit. Charging is not an issue as it uses a regular watch battery that lasts about a year. Love it!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit Flex, but the Charge HR is more versatile.
  • rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I finally bought a Vivofit2 with the Heart Rate monitor.. I like everything about it but the HR monitor. I sweat like crazy so it really doesn't work that well. But like some one said I about I use it for my watch as well. Works well with this MFP app as well.. Money well spent so far