Happy Monday everyone!

GinetteMac
GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
Happy to see a few new members joined us. I finished work early so went for a very long walk, one hour long in 99 degree weather plus humidity, yuck and more yuck. What does everyone have planned for exercise today and what's for dinner? I need food ideas!

Replies

• melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    I walked my class to swimming today and I've walked with hubby tonight. 10,000 steps done :-).
    Tonight we went to my folks for dinner and had what us Brits call a Sunday dinner!!! Roast beef, turnips, carrots potatoes Yorkshire pudding and gravy m m m delicious :-)
  • melbabe75
    What did you have? I know you keep your diary private so I can't nose!
  • GinetteMac
    Lol dinner sounds delicious, it's only 4:15 here so haven't started on dinner yet. I won't open my diary till I'm a much healthier eater as right now I think people would fall over in shock on some days, lol.
  • melbabe75
    Ha I leave mine open coz my sister in law helps me with my cavity counting and keeps me honest. She's a weight watchers pro so she knows how to calorie count
  • GinetteMac
    That's a great idea!
  • tcesiunas
    tcesiunas Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Not sure if you have any restrictions or allergies Ginette but I have a great go-to recipe for a summer dinner side (which sometimes becomes a larger portion and a full dinner if I'm busy). Each 1 cup of the mixture is approximately 150 calories. It is seriously the most refreshing addition to dinner and with the balsamic vinegar it cuts some of the watermelon's sweetness. Hope this idea helps! :) - Tina

Watermelon Salad
    1 medium sized watermelon cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 cup feta cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes (it will break apart upon mixing as well)
    1 can drained sliced black olives
    1 small handful of pine nuts (can also skip this depending on taste preference)
    1 leaf of fresh mint (also optional)
    -Mix above ingredients in a large bowl
    -Drizzle balsamic vinegar over mixture and toss until coated.
  • melbabe75
    Mine was meant to say calorie counting oops!
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    tcesiunas wrote: »
    Not sure if you have any restrictions or allergies Ginette but I have a great go-to recipe for a summer dinner side (which sometimes becomes a larger portion and a full dinner if I'm busy). Each 1 cup of the mixture is approximately 150 calories. It is seriously the most refreshing addition to dinner and with the balsamic vinegar it cuts some of the watermelon's sweetness. Hope this idea helps! :) - Tina

Watermelon Salad
    1 cup feta cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes (it will break apart upon mixing as well)

This recipe sounds delicious. I will certainly be giving it a try. I'll have to wait until my next grocery shop though thanks for sharing.
  • BevSmith0142
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    Happy to see a few new members joined us. I finished work early so went for a very long walk, one hour long in 99 degree weather plus humidity, yuck and more yuck. What does everyone have planned for exercise today and what's for dinner? I need food ideas!

Hi last night I had a huge salad bowl and added a slice of roast beef, 1 oz of cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg for my protein. Tonight I made Red Thai Salmon fillets with broccoli, brussel sprouts and 2 sweet potato wedges that were grilled.
  • melbabe75

Hi last night I had a huge salad bowl and added a slice of roast beef, 1 oz of cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg for my protein. Tonight I made Red Thai Salmon fillets with broccoli, brussel sprouts and 2 sweet potato wedges that were grilled. [/quote]

Mmmm sounds good we have salmon planned for Thursday :-)
  • GinetteMac
    They all sound yummy and you guys are making me hungry. I made lasagna for my family tonight but only took a small piece. it was yummy but not calorie conscious! I will be trying these out!
  • BevSmith0142
    They all sound yummy and you guys are making me hungry. I made lasagna for my family tonight but only took a small piece. it was yummy but not calorie conscious! I will be trying these out!

If you think of your pasta dish as a side dish you can still enjoy it and then load up on veggie or salad on the side. I've done this because every now and then I do crave some pasta, but it's so high in calories. It's also one of my daughter's favourite foods too.
  • BevSmith0142
    melbabe75 wrote: »
    Hi last night I had a huge salad bowl and added a slice of roast beef, 1 oz of cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg for my protein. Tonight I made Red Thai Salmon fillets with broccoli, brussel sprouts and 2 sweet potato wedges that were grilled.

Mmmm sounds good we have salmon planned for Thursday :-)[/quote]

I've got salmon on the menu for tonight too! o:)
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member

Watermelon Salad

OH MY!!! this sounds heavenly! Thank you for sharing! I will be stealing it! <3
  • GinetteMac

Watermelon Salad

I'm picking up the ingredients to make this I just hope my kids don't eat the watermelon before I can make the salad, lol. They love it!

• GinetteMac
    I love salmon as well but my family doesn't but I think i'm going to start buying it for me and they can suffer with the "smell" they all hate, lol. I am also thinking of thai shrimps, oh crap now i'm hungy, lol.
  • BevSmith0142
    Hahaha - you're right it all sounds yummy!
  • tcesiunas
    tcesiunas Posts: 11 Member

Watermelon Salad

I'm picking up the ingredients to make this I just hope my kids don't eat the watermelon before I can make the salad, lol. They love it!

Fantastic! Let me know what you think :) we are doing lamb on the bbq Greek salad and grilled corn in the cob tonight! Can't wait!
  • BevSmith0142
    You guys are making me hungry! LOL ;)