hi y'all newbie here 138 lbs down 100 to go

Options
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Summer, I'm 31 & an at home mom to 4 great kiddos. We have 3 boys ages 9, 5 & 3 and a 14 month old baby girl. I have been married for 12 years as of January and hubby and I will have been together 16 years this fall.

As for my weight I have always struggled with it. I ran track and played volley ball in school but was always the bigger girl in class. The smallest I can remember being was at 15 and I was a size 9/10. I was a size 18 when I got married in 2003 and was put on steroids for PCOS I gained 100 lbs in 1 yr and couldn't shed it. In August 2006 I gave birth to our first son, I gained 75 pounds and my weight just wouldnt come off. In August 2008 at 398 pounds and a size 26/28. I was fat I was unhealthy and I was MISERABLE. My husband was deployed and I decided to take that time to get my *kitten* in gear. I took ALLI for 3 months and ran on a treadmill in my home 4-5 days a week for 10 months on top of being a "single mom" of a very active 2 year old for that year my husband was gone. I lost 138 lbs and got down to a size 16/18 but it did not last as 1 month after my husband came home I got pregnant with baby #2. I was 300 lbs at his delivery in April 2010 and struggled to loose the baby weight I had gained. After a year I finally got back down to a size 18 only to again get pregnant with baby #3 who was born July 2012 and I was 313 at delivery. Again the baby weight stuck around and then some due to a very traumatic event that happened in my life that caused a deep depression in which I went from not eating anything for days at a time to binge eating carbs until I puked. It royalty screwed up my metabolism and it took a toll, I hovered at a size 20/22 then surprise I was again pregnant with baby #4 she was delivered in April 2014 and I was 298 at her delivery. I lost down to 225 by the time she was about 6 months. It has now been 1 year since her birth and between having my tubes removed in July 2014 and her weaning from nursing 2 months ago after nursing for 12 months I have gained back 35 lbs even though I eat less now then while I was nursing. So here I sit 260 lbs, a size 20 jean and 2x top. I have joined our local Anytime Fitness gym as of last night. My goal is to ultimately be healthy for myself and my four children but weight/size wise I would like to hit 160. I also have a LOT of toning to do and I can't wait to get started!!

Replies

• chloecsl
    chloecsl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow very detailed intro & I enjoyed reading it. Let's be friends on mfp so we can motivate each other. I'm 34yo mother of 2 boys, born in year 2010 & 2012 ( same as yours?) I breastfed both till 15mths. I didn't really gain much weight during both pregnancy but as an Asian I'm always considered the bigger size so I'm determined to look fit & stay fit. I've a upcoming 10km road race in Angkor Wat, Cambodia in August & I've been training for it for 2 months so far I can jog 7km in 60min. I attend power yoga class once a week. Sadly, so far I've been only able to shed 2lbs. Ah well , 1 pound at a time. Let's get fit.
  • jennilynnej
    jennilynnej Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids ages 8, 7 and 2 year old twins im in the 260s right now just started really trying to lose weight my husband is in the army and im a stay at home mom in high school i was never skinny but called "thick" it wasn't until i got pregnant with our first son did i start noticing the weight gain i was 206 at delivery then baby number two 215 and i just stayed there until i got pregnant with the twins i was 239 at delivery went down to 182 2 months after having them because for the last trimester i couldn't eat hardly anything and have gained all that back plus some to where i am now 263 im a small frame at 5 feet 2 inches so its very important for me to lose this weight I have started logging my food and light 25 min exercises every day.