Just got an Up24!

Options
_rachel_k
_rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
I have synced it with MFP and Map My Fitness. I have allowed the negative calories in my diary but I am confused because MMF also syncs with MFP.

I allow 1700 calories to be consumed (custom goal I set in MFP) and I just walked for half an hour so under cardio exercise I have my UP calorie adjustment of -393 but then I have my MMF Walking 265. At the top of the app it says "128" for exercise.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    change your exercise calories from MMF in MFP to 1.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    _rachel_k wrote: »
    I have synced it with MFP and Map My Fitness. I have allowed the negative calories in my diary but I am confused because MMF also syncs with MFP.

Disconnect MapMy from MFP, and connect it to UP. (In the UP app, tap the three horizontal lines at top left, then go to Apps & tap MapMyFitness.) That way your MapMy burn goes to UP, then UP sends your TDEE to MFP.

No need to log any step-based activity—MapMy and UP are tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in UP (that's what I do) or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your UP burn during that time. If you want your UP exercise to appear in your newsfeed, post a status update.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    I have everything connected everywhere lol

I have just disconnected MMF from MFP and it only goes through Up. It's more depressing in MFP now because my walk calories are half of what MMF said they were lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Your UP total burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the number of calories necessary to maintain your current weight.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    I know, still depressing lol This app is really helping my bf realize how much we eat. He's active at his job and doesn't eat all day so for him it doesn't matter as much.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    My food isn't tracking from MFP to my Up, why is that? It did yesterday