A couple Surge 'gripes'

Options
DaveAkeman
DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
I just started using a Surge a few days ago. This is my first FitBit, but my wife has been using a Flex for a while. In general, I love it. I've just got a couple minor gripes, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions:

1) Viewing while running - Okay, maybe I'm just getting old. (I'm in my early '40s, and have decent eyes in general - with no correction necessary) But . . . I am having lots of trouble reading the little distance number during a run, especially if I'm not in bright light. I think I can generally read it in bright sunlight, but if I'm under trees, or it's overcast, or nearing dusk, I can't see it while I'm running - I have to stop for a second to see my distance. Is there any trick? Perhaps a way to make the backlight a bit brighter?

2) Seeing overall stats during an exercise - I have run into this one while walking. I will go for a walk, then, while I'm out, I wonder how many steps I have for the day. There does not seem to be any way of seeing this without completing the walk. Am I missing something? I know you can see how many steps you've done on the current walk, but unless you looked before starting, you can't see your day's total until you've finished. Same thing for calories.

Other than these couple minor issues (and the battery that doesn't seem to last QUITE as long as advertised), I love it! (I am a bit concerned about how long the battery will last when it is a year or two old)

Thanks!