Mental Changes

Options
Vkenton
Vkenton Posts: 21 Member
I thought I'd just put something up here, as I have many thoughts and have few places to post them without feeling like I'm spamming things.

I was browsing my tumblr and all the healthy blogs I follow, and instead of thinking "I wish I could look like her" I thought "I can't wait until I look like that." As in similar, and it feels like a definite change. I used to think "wish" even when I was dieting and such before. So, crazy.

Replies

• narrayya
    narrayya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I often find myself thinking 'when I get to my goal' as opposed to 'if I get to my goal', try saying it out loud to someone else who supports your weight loss. It is SURPRISINGLY motivating. My boss is always commenting on and supporting my healthy habits, and during the course of the conversation I told her 'When I get to goal, I will be less than half my original weight, isn't that insane?' And then I realized, I have owned this now. I said WHEN, not IF. I CAN'T fall off the wagon now!
  • Vkenton
    Vkenton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    RIGHT?! I keep thinking when, even if I've been at the same weight for what feeeeels like forever. I haven't stated to people "when" yet, but I've thought it on multiple occasions, and I have to say it feels amazing.
  • korra91
    korra91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tumblr and Instagram used to be horrible for me! I would get so depressed looking at all these girls with perfect bodies and, like you, wished that I looked like them. Honestly, it still kind of happens. But I'm working on changing that! It's nice to start thinking "when" and not "I wish..". I stopped going on those sites for a while and it really helped with my self image. After seeing my own progress, and not having these models to compare myself to, I started feeling way better about my body! I think it's because I only had my body to compare myself to. I can compare two of my progress pictures and feel really great about the work I've done as opposed to comparing my progress pictures to these bomb *kitten* girls and feeling bad that I still have so much work left to do.