2015 San Diego 100 Race Report

Options
runfoorun
runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
Hi all!! So I finished my first 100 mile trail race a couple of weeks ago. This was huge for me as I've lost over 130 lbs to reach this point. Great race, great volunteers, and race director. Highly recommend it for those of you considering a 100 mile ultra. Here's the link to my race report.

http://runfoorun.blogspot.com/2015/06/san-diego-100-endurance-run-race-report.html

rer2x39ms86p.jpg
Photo taken by my buddy Jeff Allen

Replies

• pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Phenomenal. Wow. Clap clap gasp gasp! It's such an astounding feat, I'm sure you are super proud of yourself and you should be too. Ultra running and keeping at it isn't something for the faint hearted!
    I read your 100k report that you posted last time and wondered how anyone can be motivated to try running 100 kilometres in one go. Now here you are with a 100 miler! What I like the most is the fact that you take the time to rewind and record it all. You take the time for pictures and even though you say you were miserable, you take time to remember how you feel and put it down in your blog. I longest distances I've run half marathons and I can tell you I can't remember what happened at mile 1 or 10 or what the volunteer said. All I care to remember is that I finished in xx:xx and I got the medal. I would love to read a report on how you actually got this far. Is there such a post in your blog that I missed? Something that says your story from the first 5k all the way to now. It will be an inspiring read for someone like me.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much and thanks for giving me the tip on writing a more broad report on my journey. I wanted my blog to be a lot more varied and to include my weight loss efforts but have been unsure on how to go about it. I've been running my entire life, but just let myself go for sometime. So I guess my journey started at 350 lbs and with my first half marathon (attempt). Thanks again.