Weight gain while breastfeeding

Options
amoreslove
amoreslove Posts: 15 Member
Anyone else? I have a two month old. Two weeks after having the baby I lost 20 of the 40 pounds I gained. Within a couple weeks after that I had gained back 10 pounds! Been stuck there for a few weeks now. I'm trying to eat around 2000 cal a day. I eat pretty healthy but I do snack a lot and spend most of the time sitting in a chair nursing my baby. I get workouts in every once in a while but haven't started any real cardio yet. Really depressing because before I had the baby it took me so long to lose weight. The only time the scale would budge is if I ate under 1200 cal a day. That's when I was 5'7" and weighed around 165. I'm 35, so I'm sure my metabolism is pretty slow. My thyroid has been checked and everything is fine there. So my body just sucks that losing weight!

Replies

• happyjacks
    happyjacks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am similar age and height and have a 7.5 month old baby. Post partum for me for all three of my kids was crazy with hunger. With this one I started walking 1week after delivery because I knew that if I didn't get the activity level up, I'd gain weight. (Gained 40 during pregnancy and currently still have 20 preggo to lose but want.to get down 10 below that.)

I'd first find ways to get active with baby... walks are great. I'd maybe consider drooping down to 1800 calories and see how your milk supply handles it. Drink lots of water. I have a feeling 2k calories are too much if you are not keeping your activity level up. :smile: I'd also look into some basic body weight exercises. It's relatively easy to sneak some of those in during the day if you can remember to do it. :smiley: Muscles are a girl's best friend.