Are you attending/competing in the Richmond 2015 World Road Cycling Championships?

Options
m1xm0d3
m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
In a few months this will all be happening 15 minutes from me and I couldn't be more excited. Curious if there are any MFP'ers that are planning to attend or compete in one of the events?
Me personally, I'll only be doing the Conquer the Cobbles ride that's open to the public. Can't miss the chance to ride the streets of Richmond like never before. :smiley:

http://richmond2015.com/

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    if it was in the REAL Richmond, then i'd be there like a shot, but it's a little bit too far to travel just for a bit of spectating.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I won't be competing but I will absolutely be up there as a spectator. It's only about 3 hours from home for me so I'm hoping to spend at least a couple or 3 days up there.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    if it was in the REAL Richmond, then i'd be there like a shot, but it's a little bit too far to travel just for a bit of spectating.

lol real Richmond. Feels real to me, Yin! I o believe they have open races though, right? (ignorance here because I don't follow racing very much)

The Worlds is a nine-day event, featuring 12 Championship races for Elite Men and Women, Under 23 Men and Junior Men and Women

I understand Elite and Under 23 seems obvious but what is Junior Men? I assume they would have one race where you didn't need to be a world class cyclist?
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I won't be competing but I will absolutely be up there as a spectator. It's only about 3 hours from home for me so I'm hoping to spend at least a couple or 3 days up there.

Awesome! Maybe I'll run into ya! (not likely but who knows!)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I understand Elite and Under 23 seems obvious but what is Junior Men? I assume they would have one race where you didn't need to be a world class cyclist?
    Junior is under 19. I don't know what the qualification process is for Worlds, or even if there is one (but I can't imagine there isn't), but even if you could race you'd only stay with these fields for a very short period before they disappeared into the distance unless you were a well-trained, fit, and very fast rider. In short, not much of an opportunity for us mortals. :smile:
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Awesome! Maybe I'll run into ya! (not likely but who knows!)
    Maybe so! I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see the pros in action.