Favorite things

Options
mycatsnameisbug
mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
Hi buddies! I would love to hear some of your favorite gadgets and stuff that makes life easier on this journey. I have a few things I bought recently that have made a world of difference and it got me thinking maybe there's stuff I'm missing out on?
These are some things I have been loving lately:
-water infuser bottle: has a little cage inside to keep fruit from disintegrating and making weird chunks in your water. Mine was $5 at marshalls and holds 32 oz. I love it because post op plain water tastes like nickels to me :(
-my Fitbit HR: turns out I have been running at 80% max heart rate. I felt like I was dying and couldn't figure out why when I was "running slow". So now I have to figure out what my aerobic heart rate pace is. Think this falls under #youredoingitwrong (unless I'm sprinting lol)
-"living the good long life" by Martha Stewart- really interesting book on nutrition, exercise, and all sorts of things that change as we age. I am only 30 but I do want to live a long life and much of it is very very interesting stuff I can do now
-whipped butter: because I love butter but it is a lot lighter in calories and spreadable so it goes a little further than regular.
-Old navy workout stuff: so many colors so cheappppp

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    In no particular order, and definitely not a complete list, but some things that have helped me tremendously -

- MFP - Seriously, the best tool ever
    - Scale and measuring cups
    - Small plastic containers so I can cook ahead and freeze food in portions. My freezer is full of them.
    - Alpine sugar free spiced apple cider - even in the summer I like warm drinks
    - Sugar free popsicles
    - My journal
    - Quest bars
    - PB2, because I can't break up with peanut butter
    - Trader Joe's light shredded mozzarella - because I don't want to break up with cheese, and it's only 45 calories an ounce
    - Bolder Bands, because I am a total Sweaty Betty and they are the only bands that stay in my hair when I work out
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes! MFP (and all my awesome buddies!)- forgot that one