Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited that this group is growing :) I find a lot of support here!

Me too! Its nice to see so many new introductions this morning! YAY!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :). Mines getting closer! Getting married in May, I was 9lbs to my goal, but gained 10 over xmas, so 19lbs to goal now! Hoping the xmas pounds come off quick.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi Claire. Four months is still plenty of time to get moving. You got this!

Hi Kristen. What's your June date? Mine's the 18th. I would so like to get to where you are now. :smiley:

Welcome, Rach and Shelby. Congrats, you guys!
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Sarah, I am actually trying to do equal parts cardio and strength training. I wouldn't mind if I lost a few pounds, and I also don't want to add too much mass. I take variety group classes at my local gym. I love them!!

Claire, mine is the 25th!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, My name is Felisha, I was engaged in Aug 2015 and our wedding date is set for July 09, 2016! I am very excited.
    I am 5'10, #166, my goal, more than anything, is to feel toned up and feeling my best on my wedding day. In regards to numbers ,I'd love to be at about 150-155, anything smaller than that for me you start to see my bones and its not a cute look imo. I have been doing bootcamp style HIIT workouts at Fit Body Boot Camp since 11/23/15. Unfortunately I haven't seen any results yet on the scale/numbers, but I am seeing definition in my arms and can feel that I am stronger each session!
    Look forward to chatting with you brides/brides to be! :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Welcome Felisha! Definition in arms is awesome! I've heard on a few of those types of programs that people don't see much change on the scale, but if you're seeing/feeling the changes in other ways, that's great! Look forward to getting to know you in the coming months.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just got engaged over Christmas and have yet to set the date but hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd love an autumn wedding so hopefully in about 9 months...

Great to find this group here. :)
  • JillEReilly89
    JillEReilly89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jill. I got engaged Labor Day of 2014 and getting married June 11 2016. I can't believe it's so soon and I have totally slacked on losing some weight! We waited a year to get married because we had other family and friends getting married 2015 so we wanted to make sure everyone had their own time in the spotlight.

I'm 5'4" 131 and trying to lose 10 pounds. I just want to feel great and look good for our Hawaii honeymoon (bikinis and shorts! Ah!)

I love running and lifting. I've ran a marathon and a handful of halfs. Also used to do crossfit but ended up quitting when I was running more. I've been doing Orange Theory fitness for a few months and love the push they give me. My biggest struggle is I'm always hungry! I work out and run a lot so it's tough for me to control all my food cravings. It's time for me to really buckle down though so hoping I can get some motivation from you all!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Jill! Sounds like you're in pretty great shape already so kudos to you. I hope you'll join in some of the threads and let us know how we can best motivate you. What kind of snacks do you keep around when you do get hungry? Do you generally keep protein rich/healthy stuff i.e, nuts or fruit, or more sugary stuff around? Are you able/have you tried the glass of water to make sure it's hunger and not dehydration? Those are a couple things I've seen/heard, but not sure without learning more. You've still got about 5 months so about half pound a week should be doable to drop those last 10 pounds or even just to tone a few things so you're feeling and looking your best. What's Orange Theory? I haven't heard of it.
  • heatherlea213
    heatherlea213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Heather, nice to virtually meet you all! :) I got engaged LAST New Years Eve but we've taken our time saving money and planning a wedding that really 'fits' us. I'm 45 and have never been married; I actually met (and dated) my fiancé 14 years ago when our boys were in t-ball together. We went our separate ways but life and love brought us back together and I couldn't be happier! We love the desert/river so we're tying the knot on a (pseudo) steamboat on the Colorado River.

As far as weight, I have yoyo'd my entire life and am currently obese at 5'7, 225'. Now that I'm older I know that my body doesn't define me and I've worked hard to improve my self-esteem and let go of some of the negative self-talk I beat myself up with for years. BUT I do want to live a long and healthy life and I'm dedicated to losing weight! MFP has been a HUGE help for me. I'm down 20 lbs. and want to lose another 35-40 before the big day in May. (I won't stop there but I feel like that's a realistic and healthy goal.)

My biggest challenge is eating (and drinking) on the weekends. We love to socialize and it's hard for me to make good choices when I'm out and about. I'm hoping for motivation and maybe some 'tricks' you guys use to keep it under control when you're tempted.

I look forward to sharing with you all and hope your weddings (and lives together afterward) are all you hoped for! Let's do this! :wink:

1xhhtfsrt6ut.jpg
  • heatherlea213
    heatherlea213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OOPS... not sure what happened with that photo... its BIG lol.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Heather! The steamboat wedding venue is really cool! What a great attitude about finding your self-confidence independent of your weight and focusing on being healthy rather than just a number on the scale (congrats on your loss so far). I hope we can be a good support system. Plenty of us have challenges with weekend extra-curriculars undoing progress during the week, so you're not alone. I think most of us it's a combination of trying to plan it in (if I know I'm going out that night, I might try to get an extra workout in that morning or the day before or after to make up for some of the extra calories) or just trying to make healthier choices (skip dessert or maybe split with your fiance so you're not eating a whole portion; get the veggie side instead of baked potato loaded with sour cream). It will depend on your particular situation of what will work for you. Looking forward to getting to know you. You're one of the nearer-term brides so would love to hear about your journey and all the great details that make your wedding yours (and any tips you have for finding those unique details).
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I just got engaged over Christmas and have yet to set the date but hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd love an autumn wedding so hopefully in about 9 months...

Great to find this group here. :)

Congrats on your Christmas engagement Gillian! I'm having an Autumn wedding, we've set the date for 9.10.16 so I'm down to about 8 months now and it is definitely starting to pick up momentum.
    I was very glad to find this group too! Hope to hear more about your plans and etc!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    WOW! more new Wedding support! Welcome to all of ya!
  • Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is michelle and I'm 27. I got engaged in January 2015 and was planning on getting married in December 2015, but I got pregnant in March. I had my son on November 6 and we pushed the wedding to December 2 this year. I'm 5'5 and about 210, my goal is to get to 170 by the wedding. I start a new job on Monday so I am going to need help and motivation and any suggestions. I am open to adding friends on here to help keep me motivated. I might also need a little planning help.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    @michelleburch22 congrats, and you can do this! My wedding is in May, I have two kids, started a new job and completed by phd in the last 6 months, there are ups and downs, but I seem to be winning! Welcome to the group.
  • Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    @michelleburch22 congrats, and you can do this! My wedding is in May, I have two kids, started a new job and completed by phd in the last 6 months, there are ups and downs, but I seem to be winning! Welcome to the group.

Wow, that is awesome. Losing weight has always been difficult for me. How do you find time to workout
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Michelle! That's a big change, but you can definitely do this. 40 lbs in 9 months should be doable (in a healthy and sustainable way). Make sure you find what works for YOU so hopefully it's something you can stick to. Please take a look at the forums and feel free to post questions or just status updates of how you're doing and what you're struggling with.

I don't have kids, but sometimes I play with my friends' kids and they make great weights ;-)
    Hold them out a little (depending on how much neck support is still needed), go into deep squat, swinging kid down a bit so they're almost standing in the floor, then straighten and lift them above your head. Kids usually seem to enjoy it and it's a great workout. I also do rockers with the baby on their tummy on my shins and me holding them steady, rock back to your shoulder blades (hold securely so child doesn't slip forward), then back to your tail bone (try to stabilize on your butt without touching your feet). It's a great ab workout move and my friend's twins love it. Or just take your son for nice walks when weather permits.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »

Wow, that is awesome. Losing weight has always been difficult for me. How do you find time to workout

It's tough, I mostly do short but intense workouts, I bought kettle bells to do at home and if I'm stuck I'll do a 25 minute you tube video, fitness blender is good.

But walking with a baby carrier is good when they're young. I also learnt the hard way that weight loss is 75% diet and 25% exercise. You can't outrun a bad diet!

• christinevhoogasian
    Options
    Hello!