Spice up workouts

Options
Steve_ApexNC
Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
Exercise can be a real grind sometimes so I sometimes incorporate some fun things. I like to hit the weight bench, but lower body nights have always been a grind. To add some motivation, I have added swinging a bat at the end. I play softball so swinging a heavier bat now than I do in season will help come game day, but it is also fun for me. Also, to work on flexibility I put a two pair of baseballs on the floor about 5 feet apart - two on one side and two on the other. I shuffle sideways to one side, pick up a ball with two hands as if I was fielding a grounder and the go back the other way. It was fun, but also put a nice cap for the ab and leg workout. I also like to do some work with medicine balls - nothing like slamming a big heavy ball down as hard as you can and catching on the bounce.

Does anyone else have some fun stuff they mix into the traditional workouts to keep it fresh?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love barbell complexes at the end of my workouts.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had not heard "complexes" before. Looked it up. It reminds me of what I have called "supersets" for years. I used to group several similar exercises in groups of two or three. I would rotate through them with no break between each individual set but a short break between supersets. I have been away from the weights too long right now to get back to that, but will soon enough. Complexes sound similar but with less weight and higher pace. I will have to add it to my things to try in a few weeks when I am in a bit better shape.