PCOS after menopause

Options
Corinnecmcc
Corinnecmcc Posts: 6 Member
Hello, I am new here, and have looked at this group before, but didn't join because it seems to be oriented towards younger women. However, PCOS continues to affect our bodies across our lifetimes, so I would like to connect with women who are past child-bearing years, yet still dealing with this issue. I am 62; I was diagnosed at least 30 years ago, when it was still considered primarily a fertility issue, not an insulin-resistance issue. I had two kids (had to take Clomid both times), then more or less forgot about this until a friend who is a nurse told me (7 or 8 years ago) that PCOS was now treated differently. In the meantime, I struggled to lose and KEEP OFF weight (gradually reaching 50 lbs overweight with gaining more than I had lost each time!), developed Type 2 diabetes 4 years ago (as do many women with untreated PCOS) and now that I am post-menopausal, have a beer gut and thinning hair. So if there are any members in this group dealing with these issues, I would love to hear from you!