Chia seeds and other odds and ends

Options
vicki8seekers
vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
Just wondering if anyone uses chia seeds, and if so, is that the orange container?

Or, anything else not listed on the approved list that you use?

Or, any great recipes to share?

:/

Replies

• vicki8seekers
    Options
    Anyone? (bump)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've started adding a few things that aren't "approved", such as granola. When I buy granola, I buy a brand like Cascadian Farms, or Bare Naked, that is minimally processed and has very few chemical ingredients. I'm using about 1/2 cup with my Greek yogurt and berries.
  • vicki8seekers
    Options
    Yum! I really dislike plain Greek yogurt so anything I can add to give it good flavor is a great idea in my book! :)
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love to make tzatzikki sauce out of plain Greek yoghurt and use it as dip for veggies or spread for pitta bread with ham and lettuce..I also like to add honey (and sometimes cinnamon) - makes a great dip for apples too. It's definitly versatile .
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Vicki, how much are you using? Personally, I just sprinkle some on top of food, usually not even a tablespoon a day. I don't really worry about it because it's such a small amount...
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Chia Seeds would be an orange. I use them occasionally, sprinkled on food - usually my yogurt
  • vicki8seekers
    Options
    @germany03 what the heck is that?? lol
    @cmDaffy I haven't used it much since it's new to me. I'm thinking I'll start using it in my shakeology when I start getting creative w/ the shakes!
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lol its the white yoghurt sauce you get when you order a gyros @ vicki8seekers