Going into Week 4

Options
Vkenton
Vkenton Posts: 21 Member
Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing! I know I'm feeling better after reading something about people usually running into a pause in weight loss when they add exercise into a healthy diet. So I'm like wooo! And charged up!

Replies

• narrayya
    narrayya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a "stall" this week and a bounce back of a pound, but I'm really not worried! I was kind of expecting it, I've been hitting the artificial sweeteners hard (montana treasure flavored water is my weakness, but so much sodium!) and then there was shark week (Not unrelated, I'm sure.) Slowly weaning off them again and already I'm back down and then some as the water weight clears off.

I did back off some of my dance fitness because I almost passed out trying to do it in our 90+ degree apartment and I have nowhere else to go for it, but I've stuck to C25k religiously and finished w5d1 yesterday. So strange to be able to jog 5 minute intervals without much issue, even with the extra almost 100lbs!
  • Vkenton
    Options
    I've had a stall for about 2 weeks, but reading up on it, it looks like it was because I had added in exercise after I'd started eating better, so the muscles were doing *kitten* and holding water weight, which cause me to stall out. I wasn't getting discouraged, but it was sooooo annoying.

EEK! 90+ sounds like death. It's why I moved north. I just finished Week 3 Day 1 myself! I've never done it before, and I'm really enjoying it. :D Yay for keeping it up!

I've also noticed the past few days I've not been eating nearly enough. (Thank you light headed-ness for alerting me to this). So I'm treating myself to a completely too large dinner of tortellini to tell myself I must eat. (And I have the calories for it. Just means no snacking later. But I'm going to bed in a few hours anyway.
  • narrayya
    Options
    Picking up a new exercise routine will definitely do that! I also find my body needs to catch up sometimes when I have a significant loss, which I did a couple weeks ago. Considering how much I have to lose, I don't see that as a bad thing - loose skin is a definite concern. I already have tons of tiger stripes!

I moved to Montana over a year ago, I NEVER thought I'd be dealing with this heat! It seems mother nature has a sense of humor though. We're considering giving in this year and investing in air conditioning, it's only June and we've had a week straight of 90 degree weather! Record breaking stuff. I run at around 5:30am before it can get too hot, so at least I can get that in!

I have been having the opposite problem - trying to stay under my calories has been hard this week! Though, I am still learning to keep my emotional eating under control. Being hot makes me miserable, being miserable means I break out the snacks. D: It does NOT help that an amazing little store just opened next door that has all the snacks you could ever want and really cheap. I am talking myself out of going there right now actually because I scarfed all my cashews over the weekend. Hahaha.
  • Vkenton
    Options
    I can't tell if I've got stretch marks yet. I think I do? But I've paid very little attention to my skin in the past, so I don't know if those were already there or not. XD

Florida to Vermont here. And it's been maybe into the 80's. I have taken to doing my run at about 9am though. I used to do it at 7pm, and that just ...it wasn't bad but would be a lot hotter.

I often either eat way under or a pretty close to what I should. I rarely hit a place in between. I've gotten a lot more used to eating when hungry. I don't keep many snacks in the house. And if I do they're already portioned out into ...well ... portions. :O Casheeeeewwwwsss. So tasty man.
  • narrayya
    Options
    I've been overweight forever, but I went up a class in obese over the course of a year, so the stretch mark problems are real for me. I have a weird reaction to them though - I do take some steps to reduce their appearance, but I see them becoming more visible as an indicator of my progress. Those things used to be so stretched I didn't even notice them!

Cashews are like my candy. I have little one ounce containers I usually portion in, but I was big time grazing this weekend. Doing a bit better this week - need to get back to actually preparing meals but it's always tough in the summer when I refuse to turn on the stove and up the temp by another 5 degrees... I did manage to keep myself from buying tons of snacks yesterday. I turned the store next door into a good thing - don't have to buy big packages of anything, if I REALLY want that snack I can get off my butt and go next door.