No hunger

Options
Hi guys... I'm new here... I'm in self induced recovery and I'm having some difficulty because I don't feel hunger until my stomach is gnawing and I don't feel full till its feels like it's gonna explode and I was wondering wetter anybody else struggled with this or if someone had advice on how to get the system back to normal?

Replies

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also have no hunger cues from fasting/heavily restricting. My doctor said they should come back but you have to stick with an eating schedule. I personally eat every 2-3 hours. 3 meals a day 2-3 snacks a day.
  • fattybattyy
    fattybattyy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started a certain diet and started restricting more and more which led to a lot of old bad habits. I'm trying to fix it. Like the above poster said, just remind/force yourself to snack. My therapist recommends cellphone alarms.
  • strippedandvital
    strippedandvital Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I second the cell phone alarms, very helpful.
  • its_a_secret459
    its_a_secret459 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Losing your hunger and fullness cues is normal with any eating disorder. It's important to stay on a meal plan to help get them back. Phone alarms help with that. I also have found the app Recovery Record is really nice to have. It's free.