WARNING: Do not order the meatloaf sandwiches!!!

Options
JennJayBee
JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
I don't know if it's a bad batch or if maybe I just got lucky, but it seems there's a good bit of gristle or bone in the frozen meatloaf sandwiches. So if you're like me and love these things, BE VERY CAREFUL when eating them. I just broke a tooth on one. Literally, I have a chunk of my tooth sitting in my hand right now, and I have to call the dentist tomorrow. Calling customer service as we speak.

f58o34v0p424.jpg

Oddly, I'm in no real pain, but I'm sitting here crying because, well, it's my tooth. Pain or not, this is going to have to be fixed by a dentist, obviously. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get NS to reimburse a dental bill, but worth a shot I guess.

I'll go on to say... I love NS products. They're easy to grab and perfectly portioned, and I wouldn't have lost so much weight without them. I'll continue to order from them as long as they'll sell to me, but definitely be cautious when eating these or set them to the side just in case mine isn't the only one.

EDIT: Sorry about the size of that, btw. I have no idea how to resize it for here.

Replies

• schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Huh. I just ate one literally ten minutes ago. It was my first, but mine was fine. Guess I wouldn't be surprised though.
  • JennJayBee
    Options
    They're among my favorites, myself. It happens from time to time, though, with ground meat. Bone or other things get caught in the grinder. It could be a bad batch, or I could have just been the lucky person to get one with a large piece of bone in it.
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had a bone in the frozen grilled chicken breast sandwich a few weeks ago & ouch that hurt to bite down on. No broken tooth thank goodness, but it definitely made me lose a little love for them.
  • JennJayBee
    Options
    Got back from the dentist this morning... Thankfully it's a crown and not an extraction/bridge, but I'm still mourning that half of my tooth. I have three of the meatloaf sandwiches left in my freezer, and I keep looking at them longingly, but I'm not brave enough just yet to attempt it. I'll probably eat them VERY SLOWLY when I finally get to them.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi JennJayBee
    That sounds like the best possible outcome. Did NutriSystem ever get back to You?

BTW if You run Windows, You can load a image into Paint which can be found under accessories and resize it by percentage or select pixels and change it that way.

Good Luck
    Roger

• JennJayBee
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Roger. I've got GIMP 2, but I figured I could change the size in the post itself. Ah well...

So far, Nutrisystem has only emailed me back that they're checking with their distributors and that they'll get back with me again in the next 30 days. I've sent them all the info from the packaging as well as the pictures. Normally they're really good about fixing any problems with my shipment, but I get that this is a little bigger than a simple opened package being sent to me.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jenn
    I'll be interested in hearing what they say. I suspect that others will be interested too :)

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • JennJayBee
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, all this time later I still haven't heard anything back from them. The crown was nearly $400 out of pocket after what the insurance covered. Thankfully I had it in savings.

I'm guessing I probably won't hear from them on this any further without me having to call a lawyer, but at $400 it's just not worth it. I honestly wasn't really expecting much in that department, but I figured I'd at least hear from them at this point. Disappointing as they've always been pretty on the ball about everything else in the past, and it might result in me cancelling. I've been doing this long enough so that I can pretty much put together my own meals, and that gold bear really isn't worth the expense and drop in service I've seen from NS in the past months.

Honestly, them taking away the boards and the DD click had pretty much already done it for me with them. Me breaking my tooth on a meal someone else prepared was likely just the final nail in the coffin.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jenn
    This is a case of I would be bugging them about it. What would it cost them to give You a credit for Your out of pocket expenses and some extra?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hope your teeth are o.k. now, Jen. Hate that this happened. I had this last night and there were a couple fine bone fragments. Because of your warning, I was careful when I chewed.

RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Jenn
    This is a case of I would be bugging them about it. What would it cost them to give You a credit for Your out of pocket expenses and some extra?

Good Luck
    Roger

Admitting liability ...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Flo
    Maybe?
  • JennJayBee
    Options
    Teeth are fine now, thanks. It cost me nearly $400 out of pocket, though, since my insurance only covered half. Yikes. Thankfully, I'm really good about keeping an emergency savings fund, so I didn't have to put it on my credit card, and it didn't drain me, either. Still miffs me that they won't get back with me.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    JennJayBee wrote: »
    Teeth are fine now, thanks. It cost me nearly $400 out of pocket, though, since my insurance only covered half. Yikes. Thankfully, I'm really good about keeping an emergency savings fund, so I didn't have to put it on my credit card, and it didn't drain me, either. Still miffs me that they won't get back with me.

Hi
    I would be miffed too.

Then to top things off I get a email that my frozen order is delayed.
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent NutriSystem order. We are experiencing a delay in receipt of dry ice from our supplier. As a result, the frozen portion of your most recent order will be delayed a few days. We know this delay is inconvenient and we are sorry! To help you stay on track, the shelf stable portion of your order has been processed and if you’ve not received it already, it will arrive shortly.

We expect the frozen orders to begin shipping again next week

This is not inspiring confidence by me in the management of NutriSystem.

Thus not surprising You did not hear back from them, fortunately You had a ready reserve to handle it.

Good Luck
    Roger