T25?

Options

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Total Body is a whale of a workout. I didn't get near as confused on the moves today as I did yesterday, but I had to watch a few to get the "multi-moves" he was doing. Like I have mentioned in my Challenge Group today about this routine: "Lunges, Burpees and Push Ups, Oh My." Squats too, but they didn't fit in the "Wizard of Oz" ripoff. :)
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what T25 is????
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Why did your DR. Tell you to do T25?
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Can someone tell me what T25 is????

Focus T25 is Shaun T's (Creator of Insanity program) new workout program. It consists of 25 minute cardio based routines you do 5 days a week for 10 weeks. To be totally accurate, you do 1 25 minute routine Mon-Thurs and then you do 2 routines on Fridays with Saturday and Sunday as off days. It's broken into 2 phases. Alpha and Beta. (There is also a Gamma phase available that adds another 3 DVD's of routines and 4 weeks onto the program) Alpha and Beta phases are both 5 weeks each. Just being in the first week, I haven't done all the Alpha phase routines yet. But, from what I'm seeing is it's a mini-Insanity program made up moves from all his previous programs (Hip Hop Abs, Rockin' Body, Insanity and Asylum) They are awesome 25 minute routines and they will kick your butt. I'm a 2 time graduate of Insanity and I struggle throuhg some of these moves. You don't have much time to work out, this program is your answer. Hope this explains a little better what it's all about.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Why did your DR. Tell you to do T25?

Although I don't know her situation, I can tell you the big differences in the two progams.
    The biggest differences in Insanity and T25 are:
    1. Time.. 25 minutes routines (T25) versus routines that go anywhere from 36 to 65 minutes (Insanity). However, the 36-65 minute routines do have built in rest periods, the 25 minute ones have ZERO rest periods built in.
    2. The plyometric work in T25 is more "hopping" than it is "jumping." Insanity's Plyo work is a lot of jumping and it can be very hard on the knees.
    3. T25 offers "modifications" to the moves. Tania is always over to the rightside doing modifications to each move the rest of the group is doing. Lower impact, less stressful. Insanity does not have modifications being shown. You have to make up your own.

Just a short list of differences. But, they are, what I would consider, major differences.
    **Dale**
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    I may have to give this one a try when I finish Turbofire. It sounds like it would be good!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 4 for me and hard to believe that I am almost through the first week. I love the quick workouts and am getting a nice burn from them. I look forward to tracking my results each week.
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    I may have to give this one a try when I finish Turbofire. It sounds like it would be good!

It has some similar qualities to Turbofire, so you'll proably like it a lot!
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Just knocked out my first Double Friday. Lower Focus and then Cardio back to back. That was NOT easy. When he got to the second "burn out" in Cardio, with about 5 minutes left overall, I was truly burnt out!! But, I managed to push through it.. Got one heck of a kcal burn today too. I'm really liking this program!!

Also, I've a few people from here join my Challenge Group for T25. I you are interested, just PM me and I'll tell you where the group is located on Facebook. Join a great group of T25'ers keeping each other motivated. Everyone have a great day!!
    Dale
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    So you have to PURCHASE the 3rd phase? That annoys me since the program is already $120! How much is the 3rd phase?
  • dalehall64
    Options
    So you have to PURCHASE the 3rd phase? That annoys me since the program is already $120! How much is the 3rd phase?

If you purchase the full "Gamma Package" it's another $120.
    However, they have the Gamma "DVD Only" package and it's $60.
    The initial program is listed as a 10 week program and that's the Alpha/Beta phases for $120. Gamma adds another 4 weeks on the original 10 week program. We didn't even know about the Gamma phase until the Coach's Summit the weekend prior to release.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the additional 3rd phase seems like a strange way to release a new system since it's available at the exact time of release - not say, a year later.

Either way, I have it and started this past Monday. Loving it - serious sweating in each one - got my double today - gonna be brutal.
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's out. I ordered it and already received it. Just finished Insanity last night. Looking forward to Shaun T's challenges in T25, but not starting it until I get back from vacation in a week or so.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 1 (double today) and am liking it (not loving it). I miss lifting - just finished ChaLEAN Extreme. Thinking I need to lift as well as do T25...?
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I just posted this in my challenge group this morning. People LOVE this program because it is only 25 minutes. One thing you need to realize is that is ONLY 25 minutes. You are not going to get 1-2 hours worth of results in only 25 minutes. You can results from this program, but your nutrition has to be spot on. My nutrition has been crap the last couple of weeks. I'm not talking cake, cookies, ice cream, burgers and McDonald's crap, but it hasn't been as clean as it should be. I'm 4 weeks in and although I am seeing some great strides in my cardio and endurance, the weight and the measurements aren't showing like they could be. I know what my issue is and I can fix that to get better results. But, people that buy this program thinking they can get "Insanity" "P90X" or "Combat" results from just 25 minutes a day are going to be sorely disappointed. You will get results, but your nutrition has be almost perfect to get what they are talking about. Don't get me worng, I really like the program. But I want people to have realistic expectations when doing T25 only.

And just so someone doesn't think I'm just taking to talk: I'm no stranger to these programs. I have completed Insanity (twice) Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat and Body Beast.

@Lisa: Yes. Lift weights. I'm going to incorporate some Body Beast and Combat routines into my weekly regime to help out a bit also.
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just ordered T25 yesterday. Looking forward to getting started. Have 2 more weeks of p90x to finish out. It's great to read everyone's insight into the program.
  • sarah122080
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of T25 and I like it! I love that its quick! My husband does Insanity and I couldnt keep up, it was too overwhelming with it being 50-60 minutes!
  • dalehall64
    Options
    24 days in for me. Another week and a half and I'll be hitting Beta Phase. I haven't pre-watched any of the routines, so I have no idea what's in store. The only thing I do know is, it's tougher than Alpha so it's going to be INTENSE! Whoo-hoo!
  • sarah122080
    Options
    You'll have to post how BETA is once you start!!!!