Newbie Here, Intro....

Kimmie103073
Kimmie103073 Posts: 16 Member
Hello Everyone, my name is Kimberleigh and I just joined MyFitnessPal. I have been working hard lose weight and I have realized that I could use a little extra motivation. I am looking for more friends to join in along the way. I have been obese my whole life, struggling with multiple health issues, and decided that enough was enough. With my doctor's help, I am going to do what it takes to drop the extra weight I carry. I have the support of my boyfriend but he is all I have so if anyone would like to ADD ME as a friend here I would appreciate the extra moral support.

In the past 10 - 15 years my weight and been in a constant flux varying from 330 lbs (my heaviest) to 250 lbs and back up again. I start MyFitnessPal at 316.2 lbs as of my doctor appointment yesterday however 6 weeks prior I weighed in at 320.0 lbs so I have already dropped 4 lbs. I am 41 yrs old and I stand 5'8" tall. I have High Blood Pressure, Arthritis, PCOS and Fibromyalgia all of which I take medicine to treat. I don't have any children however I want a child so my health has become #1 priority now.

I've found that walking and movement in general is a huge challenge for me because of the Fibro but I have been working hard to do it every day. My doctor keeps telling me that it will get better and I keep hoping he is right because right now even after 6 weeks the pain is very intense and my joints are extremely stiff. I know 3 of my 4 health issues will never go away but I am hoping that with the weight loss they will ease up with the pain.

Replies

• beccahel
    beccahel Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome, I've had chronic pain following surgery 14 years ago and I've found my fitness pal has really helped me to lose weight. It has been 21/2 years since I started and little by little the weight has come off. If it works for me I'm sure it will help you.