Week 13 Challenge - It's all about food baby!!!

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
Okay, after a couple of exercise-based weekly challenges I thought that it might be fun to do a food related challenge.

Now this one is all about the food we consume. If you know it's bad for you - cut it out!! If it's good for you - add it!!! There's no set rules, no everyone do not eat sugar for the rest of the week. You make a pledge to yourself and you stick to it for the entire week.

Eg. of things you can do:

Every day I'm going to up my veggies intake
Every day I'm going to have a green smoothie
I'm curbing my Coca Cola intake - instead of having 3 per day I'm only having 1
No chocolates for me this week
I'm going hard core - no artificial/added sugar for the week!!!!
etc.

So more or less anything you'd like to add or take out of your diet which will help contribute to maximum health and weightloss this week.

Feel free to have numerous changes if you'd like. Check in, say what you're going to add to/subtract from your diet. Also check in as often as you'd like, let us know how you're going, if you're able to stick to it, how did you feel etc.

Best of luck guys and can't wait to hear from you!!!

Replies

• Honeytips
    Options
    This week I'd like to have at least 3 green smoothies and cut back on artificial/added sugar from my diet. I'm going to avoid dairy as well (I'm lactose intolerent but find myself still having dairy and then suffering). I know the no dairy part will suck the most since it seems to be in almost everything I eat!!!
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This week I'm going to "strive for five" and get five servings of fruit/veggies daily. I also want to increase my dairy intake. I come from a family known for osetoporosis so lots of calcium is important for me.

Have a great and delicious week everyone!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This week I have already bought and planned out my food. It is going to be a salad/fruit and veggie week. I have pre-made chicken breasts and pieces of salmon for the protein with my salads. Pre-cut veggies and made hummus to go with it. Breakfast is always the same for me (filling and low cal) so I am going to keep that the same.

Big one for me is no wine or beer for the week. If I would like a drink with friends I am going to turn to my trusty vodka with water and lemon.

Plan is to see how this goes till Sunday and decide if I will do it for another week.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Yay!! Good on you ladies!!

Monday - so proud of myself - stuck to the no added sugar (nearly messed up by almost forgetting and buying a can of coke), also did no dairy (despite the huuuuge cheese platter at morning tea in work)
    Tuesday - so far so good with the no added sugar and no dairy. Made my first green smoothie this morning and I couldn't believe how fantastic it was!!! I found the recipe on yummymummy (or something like that) and it's basically baby spinach, pineapple, mango chunks and almond milk.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on Tuesday, but my goal is to actually hit my Net goal (within 100c), not be crazy under like I was last week. (stressful week)
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Last night I had a bite from my husband's burger then realised 'oh yeah - cheese'. Today so far so good but we're having afternoon tea in a bit and there's a cake platter (is that bad seeing as I'm not doing added sugars?)
    My second day having a green smoothie and loving it!!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Crashed and burned big time!!! Ice cream with nutella :( Ah well, back on track from tomorrow!!! :)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Failed at bit at my goal, but still did better this past week then I have been in the past couple of months!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Failed at bit at my goal, but still did better this past week then I have been in the past couple of months!

And that's what counts!!!!

Congrats to everyone who took part and stuck to it (or mostly stuck to it!!)