new to group 3 years out

Options
hello, my name is Rose I had gastric sleeve surgery almost 3 years ago. I have lost 115 lbs but still need to loose about 15. I usually range between 160 and 170. but i want to get to 155 that is my goal. I have been stalled for about 8 months. I am pretty sedentary and dont exercise that much, because I have an autoimmune disease that likes to act up when i exercise, but I started to jogg tonight, so i will jog everyother day for as long as I can. looking to make new friends.

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I also have autoimmune disease that acts up when I exercise. I'm 3 yrs out from Lap Band, and year and half out from the conversion to Sleeve. I lost 129 lbs with the lap band, and when they converted it to the sleeve I gained 30 lbs in 3 months. I could finally eat again. Since then I have struggled with trying to get that 30 off. I was weighing and measureing my food and logging religously. I was obsessed. I was walking the dog for 40 min every day and going to the gym twice a week for about an hour. I lost 10-15 of the 30, but couldn't seem to get any more off. According to BMI I should be 168 so I really need to lose another 17 on top of this 30. My secret I found was, even though exercise agrivates my autoimmune, I feel better with more exercise and not so much stress over weighing, measuring and logging. I started spinning classes. My joints don't hurt as much with spinning class as with jogging or running. I would suggest the more exercise you can get in, the better you can be. Cardio helps improve your heart and lungs, and weights improve you muscles and burn more fat.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a sleeve-baby compared to your time and experience. Best wishes to both you ladies!
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose!!! Congratulations on your weight loss! I am three years out too, June 10th was my anniversary. I have been maintaining for 2.5 years. Do you still feel good restriction? Do you get hungry, I mean real hunger? I don't get hungry and I still have good restriction. I try and always "under eat" my sleeve, meaning I eat less than I know I can hold. I weigh every morning, I still weigh and measure my food when I'm home, when I'm out, I just have to eyeball it. I log everything on MFP. All this works for me, it's my new normal. It's second nature, just like breathing. I have to keep my calories at about 1300 per day. Are you doing these things, or any of these things? I really think if you are not, that maybe it would be helpful. You can, without a doubt, lose those last pounds!!! Good luck......
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks, gals.. I am trying to exercise more, i find it also helps a little. I do not weigh or measure my food, but i always undereat my sleeve. I still have super good restriction. I think my bodys just used to my routine and I need to change it up a little =)
  • stratusphr
    Options
    Like you, I too have good restriction, that's half the battle right there. I am sure you can get to your goal. Good luck and just "move". Dr. Ashmore (PhD) was talking about exercise and just 'moving' at a support group I attended on Wed. Standing is better than sitting, and things like housework, parking out in the parking lot, moving your FOOT when you're sitting and your legs are crossed, are all moving and is good!!! I purposely make taking clean clothes upstairs, an "exercise". I drag it out to three or four trips...rather than one. :)
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    Options
    it helps that, i stand all day at work then lol, i work in a pharmacy so i walk back n forth all the time, and stand all day, he he he. thank you so much for the input!!! its very much appreciated!!
  • stratusphr
    Options
    it helps that, i stand all day at work then lol, i work in a pharmacy so i walk back n forth all the time, and stand all day, he he he. thank you so much for the input!!! its very much appreciated!!

You're welcome, good luck!!!!!