Chat and Accoutnability 5 July - 11 July

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Hey Folks, Hope all is well with all of you. Got a date with a pretty gal in a few mins so will post more later. Work Hard, Have Fun, bit above all B Koo-EL.

Replies

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    It's Monday everybody.
    Oh John, do share!!!! :wink: :blush:
  • sbuzzard
    sbuzzard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OHMYGOODNESS Y'ALL!!! It turns out when I'm not working, I DON'T TOUCH MY COMPUTER (I'm learning to do the app on my phone, but my account looks different, this is Susan!)!! I have missed y'all! I stuck with Carb Nite and finally got to "pre baby weight", however last week I was in WV...eating pizza & pasta every night so I am up 3 lbs. I have 2 weeks til our FL family vacation so I am trying to eat well cheaply...is that possible?!?! I'm going to exercise more and track calories just to "get back on the wagon". Hope everyone is well, how's the 1,000 somethings going? Did I miss the start?
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I can't believe I threw that challenge out there and now I'm not even doing it. I failed my own challenge!
    Fourth of July weekend was a crazy indulge in time and now it is July 6 and I'm still on vacation, I still have relatives in town, doesn't feel like I'm back into the routine at all.
    :(
    Susan, 3 pounds sound like no big deal. Congrats on the Carb Nite success!
    And yes Jen, John needs to give us details!
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Been MIA for a while. On week 4 of marathon training though. Diet has been a bit whacky due to high calorie needs, but I'm doing my best to keep it in check. Been paying attention to fiber lately so I added a serving of flax seeds. A little insoluable fiber goes a long way.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Yep folks I will later this week, got Dr Appt this morning so gotta roll, but did get in day 2 of Body Weight Squats, 130 done on day 1 134 done today, I do them in a tabata set. Cmon Carol time to roll.
    Options
    Carol, I think John is trying to avoid sharing. Hehehe.. Just being silly John.
    Susan, don't confuse me with other accounts. I'm an old girl and get confused very easily. LOL!
    Jeez, kettle bells, marathon training and I'm just sitting on my butt. Hmm....
    Ok, it's Tuesday. That is all....
  • sbuzzard
    sbuzzard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    70,000 steps is my goal for the week. Next week I'm dropping carbs.. This week I'm eating like my 9 year old, trying to save $$ for vacation! Lame right?! Can't afford to eat healthy!!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Susan, congrats!

John, can't wait to read all about your date.

I'm in Portland right now after spending a weekend on the Oregon coast.
    I planned on staying low carb, but when I weigh myself before the trip and found out that I haven't lose any weight after skipping a carb nite. I was not motivated to stay on track on my long awaited non camping vacation. So far, the coaching has taught me how to eat less and get back on track with logging. I actually weigh more now than when I first started with the coaching. Go figure... But I'm not giving up! And I'm not saying it doesn't work it's just my body is more out of whack?
    I just listen to Abel James's interview with Sara Gottfried about women age 35-45 that sometimes ULC can hinder fat loss. She's not saying have your sweets and pastas but eating slow carbs, and the macros is still consider low carb. Gave me something to think about. Because I feel that I'm going around in circles recently.
    I'm not feeling guilty about going off ULC either :smile: I mean I'm in Portland,lots of great food with meat sourced from local pastured farms, local everything, grass fed dairy is a common thing. It's like SF but cheaper lol. We are going to this tavern /restaurant later this week that baked their own bread with grain from a local mill and they churn their own butter with dairy from a local farm. Yesterday we had one of our top 5 meals. The entire time I'm eating I was smiling. That's how good the food was. Quality meat and ingredients + talented chef = fantastic food. Oh not to mention all the local microbrews.
    I've been active, walking a lot, swimming, working out, I'm feeling great! This trip had totally invigorate me to do more strength training! I'm at a point where I'm very comfortable with my body and capability. I was the only woman doing weights around men and I don't out of place. So yay for me!
  • AngelaLastname
    AngelaLastname Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Heron that sounds so fantastic! Enjoy your wonderful vacation and just keep active on it and feeling your best.

Susan your comment about eating like a 9 yr old is too funny! We're on strict budget too and so I can relate! My husband's food for when I'm not home is drastically different from mine and he works from home so a meal of cereal pop tarts and some chips and pepperettes isn't uncommon LOL

Chris congrats on the marathon training! I was wondering why you were running for so long heehee

Hi Jen! Hope everything is well :)

John! You inspire with your consistency in working out

And Carol I just listened to the podcast this week and LOVED it! It was great to hear from JT!!!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Sorry for the lack of posting. Knee-deep in a work project. I will be back in the saddle by next week. Have to, I started a new challenge. Something is seriously wrong with me.

Have a great week (although I realize half the week has already passed)!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All righty Then Happy Thursday Folks! Hope all is going well for all of you. Day four of the Challenge did 132 yesterday, and 124 today of Body Weight Squats. I did my Body By Science Efficient Workout yesterday so a wee bit sore this morning. On the monthly Steps leader-board in 6th place for the Fat2fitHQ Fitbit challenge. Got some stiff competition there.

Date went well. Local Scottish Pub / Restaurant. met at 3pm had coffee and some pub snacks, She had crab cakes and I had a bun-less burger with cheddar and bacon. Interesting Gal is a School Teacher w Masters. Teaches 4th grade, but I don't think either of my boys had her when they went through. She's divorced but on friendly terms w her ex. 3 kids 4 grand kids. Knowledgeable in Ancestral health eating patterns. I invited her to help on a veterans project this coming weekend but have not received a response (though I just gave her the times by email last night). Not much else to tell at the moment.

Heron - Sounds like a good vacay. When I was stationed at Ft Lewis the Portland area was a great weekend get away so much to do. Such friendly folks. If you are looking at getting back into weights you might want to look into the program I'm using at the moment it's from the book Body by Science. It seems to be a very effective routine and it only needs to be done once a week by recreational athletes. I'm looking at using it for some of my dementia patients as well.

Dr appointment went well. Blood markers all improved including A1c now at 5.9. FMBG was 102 so not yet where I want it but better than last time, and considering the metabolic hell since I quit smoking according to the Doc is "pretty damn good". His answer to what is going on is that when long time smokers quit, their bodies Metabolic rate drops by 10-15% almost immediately. Almost impossible to keep from gaining during the process. Vote of confidence from him as well as He said "I'm not going to refer you out for diet consult cause I know you know what you're doing (he is one of my fitness center clients) You've turned the corner now just go do what you need to do. " Have to admit that felt pretty good. I should get a copy of all the results here in a couple days. So will talk more about it then. I asked about my D3 levels and I'm at 53 Mml which according to Rhonda Patrick is in the optimal range. :)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Body weight Squats for Day 5
    Options
    Everybody say Happy Birthday to Carol!!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carol.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carol!!!

Kelly and I are still around, just busy. Lots of matches going on and other stuff now that I have my power back after a month. Yay!! Pretty much just going along, eating well. I still have not stepped on a scale since that challenge back in April?? Do not care much to either. Clothes fit fine, maybe a bit smaller than I was. Kelly is still doing awesome.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Carol!
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Thanks for home birthday wishes!! I've been reading and loving all the posts. Sorry I haven't posted mich. Marathon training, Portland, no scale, date nights, 70,000 atepe in a week?? You guys rock!!
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Wow, how interesting to read over one's typos the next day! If Kim Walls was around she would notice that that was 11 o'clock last night and make some mention of my lack of sleep!

I am seriously struggling to get back on track. It's not like I'm eating horribly but it's way too much of those healthy foods that you're supposed to limit.

Options
    Wow, how interesting to read over one's typos the next day! If Kim Walls was around she would notice that that was 11 o'clock last night and make some mention of my lack of sleep!

I am seriously struggling to get back on track. It's not like I'm eating horribly but it's way too much of those healthy foods that you're supposed to limit.

I wasn't going to say anything about the post. :wink:
  • carolssalva
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Tiiiiired!! I am tired Jen!
    So naive to think life would slow down after the masters. I have extra kids in my home, summer training to prepare and family travels looming. Tiiiiiired!

I am sick of myself though. Going outside to run a few sprints to see if it helps the direction of my day.