Summer is here!~

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
It's about damn time, right?

I spent the weekend in Le Sueur, so I sadly missed the storms that rolled through the cities. I was surprised to see the part of 280 near my house was flooded, via a picture on a Facebook news page. XD

Anyone have any fun summer plans?

Replies

• StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No trips planned this summer, but I am loving being outdoors every time the rain stops. Rides along the river, runs around the lakes, outdoor dining, strolls in the neighborhood.

I plan to take in Music at Mears, Music and Movies in Loring Park, the Twin Cities Jazz Festival, Mini Golf at the Walker, the Pride Festival...
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yay! I feel like summertime in Minneapolis is really what makes people remember why they live here :) Looking forward to lots of festivals, outdoor patios, rooftop bars, and sun soaking at Calhoun!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm up in Duluth. I bought a paddleboard over the winter so I'm excited to get that out soon (it's still only high of 50s right now). Also, planning a camping trip around Lake Superior at the end of July!!! Oh, and five weddings....four in July (!!!!!)
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Finally!! It's been a looooooong spring!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Going to Wisconsin Dells tonight...gonna act like a kid again for 4 days!!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I've been really wanting to go there!

We'll be taking a trip to Duluth at the end of the month (weather permitting) to spend some time looking for pebbles and sea glass with the kids. <3
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I like joining outdoor yoga classes, and it seems like there are more than ever. CorePower offers one at Father Hennepin Park in Minneapolis on Sunday mornings from 10-11, and another at Linwood Park in St. Paul on Thursday nights from 6-7. There've also been some in Rice Park on Tuesday nights sponsored by Lululemon. Brit's in Mpls hosts one a month on a Thursday night. I know there's an early morning one at Calhoun or Lake Harriet, but I can't make that one.

If anyone knows of any others, feel free to share!

And canoeing, biking and paddle boarding ...