What are your goals? Specifically? 6/17

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.chaarg.com/how-to-train-for-your-fitness-goals/#comment-6981

Okay, so beside the obvious...losing weight...why are you here? What are your goals? I mean specifically? I had to recheck myself after reading this article....I need to really sit down this week and think about it. My first thought was "to just keep the habit of exercise!" since that seems to be so hard for me right now in my life...but I am folding it over in my head and I don't think that is enough...I need to go back to when I had a trainer and the first question he asked me was, "What are your goasl?" Refocus and make a game plan. I will let ya'll know later on this week what I come up with....

How about you? What are you specifically trying to do...Fitness-wise? Let us know!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much as concerned with the number on the scale as with how I look.

1.) I want to have a lean, muscular look.
    2.) I want to increase my running distance, currently using the Bridge to 10K app.
    3.) Compete in a 10K
    4.) Train for and run a Half Marathon
    5.) Continue to learn about foods and their health benefits and eat cleaner.
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1.) I would like to be able to jog/run for 10 minutes without falling out. (I am up to seven minutes and a breathing treatment)

2.) I would like to develop my upper body strength. I could bench 180lbs in high school, not I can't.

3.) Repair my double rotatory cuff injuries without resorting to surgery. Surgery BAD. Stamina building GOOD.

4.) Learn some basic self defense moves I can achieve with my level of strength.

5.) Learn to appreciate my strengths and aesthetically pleasing attributes instead of focusing on my scary bits.

6.) Once I reach my first weight goal (160lbs) I want to start participating in 5k's.

7.) Regain flexibility through weight loss so I can enjoy dancing, outdoor activities and sex more with out shame.

8.) Tighten my core as much as possibly with a 3 Pregnancy/C-section history.

9.) Change my lifestyle enough that bread and pasta are not a craving but a natural and limited occurrence.

10.) Figure out ways to alleviate PMS binge eating.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Starting at the end of August last year I was 265lbs.
    Today I'm 227lbs.
    By the end of the year I want to be 200lbs or less.
    Eventually, I want to be about 180lbs.

Up until about 230lbs, most of my loss was through straight diet and cardio.
    I stalled for a few months, but am now pushing myself downward with stricter dieting, cardio and weight lifting.
    I'm seeing excellent progress in my musculature except in my abdominal area.
    This will come in time.

Appearance wise I'll be blunt. I'd like to be physically fit enough to be sexually attractive again.
    I want to see my abs again.
    I want the V.
    It won't happen anytime soon, but that's my eventual goal.

Physically, I'd like to be able to run a 5k/10k/Spartan/Tough Mudder/Half-Marathon and eventually a full marathon.
    I'm not working towards these yet, just working on the weight issues and general cardio.
    I'd also like to bike a 25/50/100 mile ride, but realistically I probably won't be able to with the crappy mountain bike I have now.
    This probably won't be realized until I can buy a decent road bike.
    I could probably do a 25 mile ride now, but not much more.
    I should probably have weight lifting goals, but I'm so far out on weight lifting, that I don't even know what they'd be.

Mostly, I'd just like to be attractive again. I know that sounds a bit shallow, but its the truth. I'm tired of being "disgusting".
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    As I was completely sedentary a little over a month ago, I've been building up my activity level slowly. I think my cardio is now good enough I plan on starting strength training in a week.
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah....looking to fit into the summer dresses in my closet. The weight loss is different this time than 3 years ago (lost 25, kept 10-ish off). It is definitely not as easy or as quick and I am not as motivated to log as I was then. I am doing C25K (again) and would like to run a half one day. BUT I am not seeing the results through cardio that I did the first time, so another goal is to learn about and add weights into my routine...and lastly, to keep it up once I have achieved, instead of letting it slack then gaining.

That's not too much to ask from myself, right?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I've been saying that I want to lose weight, but I'm wondering if that's the correct goal for me for right now. Since meeting with the RD, I've been trying to focus on eating for nutrition rather than weight loss like she said, so it kinda seems like the two goals would be competing with each other, so I'm thinking that I should be focusing more on fat loss. Super Trainer is in with my exercise plan so far (which I will get better at sticking to after this week, since my recital is Saturday, I've been trying to focus on my group and solo routines so if I get a chance to work on either of those rather than my regularly scheduled exercise I will, plus studio director has said that we cannot get injured prior to recital or she'll kill us- I had to warn Super Trainer that she will bear the wrath of Studio Director if I get hurt with any of my exercising before Saturday... after that, she doesn't care until we start gearing up for fall shows) and is encouraging more cardio (guess I'm getting that done with my dance stuff.)

So I guess my goals right now (and are subject to change either when I reach them or I determine that they need to be adjusted) are to eat for nutrition and exercise to see fat loss, toning, and strengthening
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In addition to losing about 15 lbs, my goals are to become stronger so I can do regular push ups instead of the modified girl ones. I am up to about 5, but they are a struggle. The pushups are just an example of how I want to have an overall feeling of strength; without limitations. Another goal of mine is to gain confidence in my apperance and self worth.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Other then getting to a certain weight and eating better, I don't specifically have a Fitness goal. Although with building stamina, I would like to be able to mow the lawn without having to take a break half way through. And maybe be able to do a couple regular pushups.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My short term goal right now is to be able to walk 2 miles without everything hurting. I want to go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair in mid July and it is huge. (We are going for 2 days.) I want to be able to walk and enjoy myself without having to take a bunch of pain medication and without panting for breath. I am at about 1 1/8 miles right now so it should be doable.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This time last year I just wanted to get back down to 150-160

Now it's working on eating better.
    Actually cooking my own food- not eating something out of a box
    Working on a c25k.... Would love to be able to run for more than a few minutes at a time.
    Just keep on getting out and doing things I like.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I did this post a long time ago but I think worth putting up again. I need to re-evaluate myself then I can be more specific with my fitness goals.
    I want to be so fit that I can complete any fitness test and be within the normal range....

READ this guys!:
    http://www.adultfitnesstest.org/testInstructions/muscularStrengthAndEndurance/pushups.aspx
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I did this post a long time ago but I think worth putting up again. I need to re-evaluate myself then I can be more specific with my fitness goals.
    I want to be so fit that I can complete any fitness test and be within the normal range....

READ this guys!:
    http://www.adultfitnesstest.org/testInstructions/muscularStrengthAndEndurance/pushups.aspx

Here's my results....I'm impressed with myself! ;)

Fitness Component Test Event Your Results Your Score
    Aerobic Fitness* 1.5-Mile Run 15:15 60%ile
    Muscular Strength Push-Ups 31 90%ile
    Overall Score (based on percentile average) 75%ile

Body Composition BMI: 22.9 Normal
  • Hollywoodm55
    Options
    Mine wasn't so good :( I just have to keep working on it.

Aerobic Fitness* 1.5-Mile Run 14:32 45%ile
    Muscular Strength Half Sit-Ups 35 50%ile
    Push-Ups 27 50%ile
    Overall Score (based on percentile average) 48%ile

Body Composition BMI: 25.1 Overweight, Increased Risk of Disease
    Waist Circumference 29
  • Hollywoodm55
    Options

READ this guys!:

Here's my results....I'm impressed with myself! ;)

Fitness Component Test Event Your Results Your Score
    Aerobic Fitness* 1.5-Mile Run 15:15 60%ile
    Muscular Strength Push-Ups 31 90%ile
    Overall Score (based on percentile average) 75%ile

Body Composition BMI: 22.9 Normal

Great job!