Fat pocket above quad

Options
Sumiblue
Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
This is just me being weirded out by something that is probably totally normal. Just within the last few days I've noticed a little bump on my leg; the front at the top of my quad muscle. It looks subtle in the photo but it's quite noticeable in person. It looks like I have a wavy leg! I guess it's fat and I'm leaning out below that pocket as I keep building my quads? It's the same in both legs. I haven't been so good about sticking to a cut so I have been eating around maintenance. I have gained muscle for sure.

2bun8zc11e9r.jpg

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Options
    Anyone see that little divot between knee & hip, closer to hip? Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping it's a sign of getting leaner & not fluffier. Seems like if it were the latter the fat would be spread out more evenly.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    idhavetime for a closer examination since i'm late for work right now, but fwiw my body fat is like the polar ice-caps. it melts at a fairly uniform rate, but the result after a while is i have these left-behind patches where the ice has been thicker all along.

and yeah, most of what's left is in corralled into the space between waist and knees, sigh.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have that too, and I have just always assumed it was normal. It has gotten more noticeable to me as I have lost weight so I am assuming it isn't a sign of being fluffier.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I can barely see what you are talking about.
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    Nevertheless less, it is there and I can feel that is distinct from the muscle. I guess I look neurotic, haha! It's just that I have lost weight before, lost 10 lbs between January and April, and this wasn't like this. This is new.
  • andylllI
    Options
    Is it fat? Could it be the top of your sartorius popping out and developing?
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I think it's fat and not muscle. You can tell from my photo that I carry my excess weight in my lower body. In order for me to get lean and muscular on the bottom I'd probably lose my chest completely first
  • andylllI
    Options
    Let the chest go. It can always be reconstructed with ingenious undergarments. You look great btw
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    ^^^haha! My chest is kind gone already-breastfeeding will do that. & thanks! Still a work in progress.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    ^^^haha! My chest is kind gone already-breastfeeding will do that. & thanks! Still a work in progress.

i'll tell ya. i never see a selfie from you without going 'those are the shoulders i want'.

i have fluff in places i didn't used to as well. although to be honest, i don't really remember where my fluff was when i was not-really-that-fluffy-at-all. the very top of the inner thigh - like, between 9 and 12 on a clock - it is one of the new where-the-fat-hangs-out spots.

did it always used to hang out right there? i'm not totally sure but tbh i don't think so. but now there's really a lot more muscle in that area than there used to be, so instead of just sinking below the sightline i could easily imagine it always having been there and now it's just getting its profile raised by what's underneath it.

hear you about the boobs. truly.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    also, if 'neurotic' means you go around clutching handfuls of your own excess self to see how they're coming along, i'll be joining you in the basket-case bin.

i'm sure that there's room ;-)
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    also, if 'neurotic' means you go around clutching handfuls of your own excess self to see how they're coming along, i'll be joining you in the basket-case bin.

Yes that ^ Lol!! Is there room for me too? Lol!!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

*raises hand*
    Constantly grabbing my belly fat to see if it feels smaller today...
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    *raises hand*
    Constantly grabbing my belly fat to see if it feels smaller today...

hee. insides of the knees, me. and those silly little blobs sitting on top of my hips.

• Sumiblue
    Options
    Thanks for the nice compliment on my shoulders, @canadianlbs . I want the rest of me to catch up to them! I think we all are hard on ourselves and our problem areas. I'm certainly not surprised to find that I have a roll here or there. This leg thing is not like that, though. It really does seem to be that my legs are getting leaner from the bottom up and that is a bulge of fat that is left. In other words, that I'm not gaining fat but losing it. I think if I were gaining fat it would be spread more evenly over my legs and not a distinct pocket that feels separate from the muscle. Time will tell. I will keep better measurements from here on out. It sounds like @Llamapants86 has this too.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    This leg thing is not like that, though. It really does seem to be that my legs are getting leaner from the bottom up and that is a bulge of fat that is left.

this is just so familiar. i can actually SEE the low-tide mark about halfway up my own thighs, and yeah. it is sort of disorienting how your body changes its actual shape.
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    ^^^"low tide mark"
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    It may actually be muscle. LOL.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    What is with the knee fat? I didn't even think we had fat on or near our knees, but apparently we do--or at least I do.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes^, yes I do. So there is hope of it receding from the bottom up? Would love to see this happen!