Welcome all of the new Challengers Post often so we can get to know you
    this is my favorite glitter graphic

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

Marie
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    @danifo0811 I know, I know...it's so close I can...feeeeeeel it. I saw 200.2 the other day, but I haven't yet dipped into the onderland number, not even early morning nekkid and evacuated....but it's coming. I've waited 25 years to break 200. I want to hit it and stick it, then move right on by.

I have every intention of getting to 180 next. Thanks so much for your support! Without these groups I would bump right off the wagon during the journey like I have so many other times.

*snerk* Nekkid and evacuated. . . . That one's going to make me giggle for a while.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I came by to chat again. I pick up Woman's world mag. at walmart this morning and it was telling how older woman could lose weight Which I am having that problem. It said to go gluten free and sugar free. I am already on gluten free diet , so I am going to read labels and be sure I am not getting one spec of sugar this coming week it said pound a week loss. I have been eating the instant pkg. of oatmeal and it has real sugar in it. I remember at WW way back in the days no sugar allowed at all Had to read all labels to be sure.So that my mission this week Cut sugar out completely ever last drop I can have natural sugar in fruits and will remained on the Plant diet too. He did recommend Stevia So back to the old fashion oatmeal
    marie

PS I do need a sugar free dressing, Any recommendations
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Marie, get the real oatmeal and then you won't have added sugar.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Marie, I'm not sure if there's any sugar in Balsamic Vinegar, but you can make a wonderful, easy dressing with that, a little olive oil and some herbs and spices.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes Barbie I know that but I love the ease of making the package But I did make Some this morning using the same method as I do on the instant pkg. Work out pretty good. I need to find some small bags and measures out my 1/3 cup ahead of time. This is a work in progress.

Thanks Angelfire I will try that , however at lunch today I just sprinkle some sea salt and garlic mix on my salad and was pretty tasty for me. I am going into this with an open mind

There is got to be a way for an old lady to get a flat belly. Will keep you guys informed of my progress.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Marie.......I read on a blog thing on MFP about measuring quick oatmeal into mason jars with your cinnamon or sugar/substitute and stash on your shelf. When you were ready to eat them just add hot water wait a few and dig in. I thought it was kinda cool. It said you could use ziplock baggies too but I like the idea of just adding water and not wasting the bags. I'm sure you could also use the small glass bowls with kids I see sold at Walmart. A little boy I used to babysit would come with those every day with his homemade baby food in them. I think I am going to try doing that when school starts. Hat way the girls will have a quick breakfast that will last a little longer than cold cereal.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    you know Esther I was going to buy me some gluten Free cereal but the oatmeal seems to keep me fuller longer than cold cereal. , I think I will fix me a jar tonight and put it in the fridge till morning. If I don't like the texture I can take the lid off and microwave a few seconds Thanks I too read that but it has not enter my head
    Thanks breakfast is on the way
    Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    If you just mix the dry stuffs together. Add your sweetener and raisins if you like those and then in the morning just heat the water and add it then. At least that was the instructions in the blog

Esther
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm still in Las Vegas with DD at dance nationals. We saw Zarkana tonight and it was so good. I'll try to post photos.

Marie- try olive oil and red wine vinegar with some Italian or Greek spices for salad dressing. Also, I cook oat meal for the week and put it in the fridge, then measure/ microwave when I'm ready to eat it. This way I only have to clean the pot once, saves time too. My kids are all teens so they can have oatmeal without having to wait for it to cook.

Easily getting in my 10 k steps and then some the last 3 days so hopefully that will offset food choices while out of town. Hoping to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving! Woot woo here we go. iivdf9j52txr.jpg
    cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd8avucc82eml4.jpg
    fv14vwko1wkg.jpg
    bnnac7phvshu.jpg
    -24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/55/wi22jemhyszv.jpg

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Rosie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Challengers. So glad you are all here!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ;) Rosie thanks for sharing you photo with us. look like a good times for you all. Wishing your daughter the best. Who is the other girl in the picture? or are those both of your daughters/ or is that you.?/?/

:) Ruthie happy hump day to you too
    marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Esther, I joined the group, but it won't let me star it as a favorite, why is that?

Becky
  • MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm still in Las Vegas with DD at dance nationals. We saw Zarkana tonight and it was so good. I'll try to post photos.

Marie- try olive oil and red wine vinegar with some Italian or Greek spices for salad dressing. Also, I cook oat meal for the week and put it in the fridge, then measure/ microwave when I'm ready to eat it. This way I only have to clean the pot once, saves time too. My kids are all teens so they can have oatmeal without having to wait for it to cook.

Easily getting in my 10 k steps and then some the last 3 days so hopefully that will offset food choices while out of town. Hoping to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving! Woot woo here we go. iivdf9j52txr.jpg
    cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd8avucc82eml4.jpg
    fv14vwko1wkg.jpg
    bnnac7phvshu.jpg
    -24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/55/wi22jemhyszv.jpg

My two oldest daughters are competitive dancers too! We are heading to Providence RI on Friday for Nationals!! :)
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Becky........I have no idea. I can't star it either. But it goes down to the end of the page and is under my groups. I just have to poke the title and see if there are new posts. It never notifies me of new posts in a group. But as a thread it will. Maybe someone else has an answer to why out there

Esther
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Becky........I have no idea. I can't star it either. But it goes down to the end of the page and is under my groups. I just have to poke the title and see if there are new posts. It never notifies me of new posts in a group. But as a thread it will. Maybe someone else has an answer to why out there

Esther
    Hmmm, thanks, Esther.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I don't know anthing about the star of the right hand star But after I bring up the site I want to save I click on the star on the left hand side and drag it to a folder I have made called MFP, Then I have you all there. Easy for me
    marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Ok. Now that I have gotten the lawn mowed........ It is already 73 and it is only 11 am here in Alaska. Believe me I am doing the cloudy dance. It was the same temp at 11 pm last night. Ugh. I can't wait for he clouds to come again. I'm going to take my girls to lunch with their grandparents and then hit the beach again. It is the only relief from this heat. Who'd a thunk the Pacific would be this warm in Alaska. Right? Monday the ocean was about 60 degrees. Perfect for swimming. We were in the water for almost two hours before my 6 yr old boy I was babysitting got stung by a red jellyfish. That ended our fun in a hurry. Off to have lunch.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Esther-Its amazing that you all swim at 60 degrees, that would be way to cold to swim here, heck 73 is still to cold in Ky. Thats great you all have a beach close by. We normally are 85-95 degrees sometimes alittle higher, its been rainy and gloomy so its been in the low to mid 80's here the past couple weeks. I dont know what the norm is for the summer in Alaska. Are you anywhere near where they tape the shows on tv like , Alaska The Last Frontier with the Kilchers, or Alaskian Bush where they are off the grid. There are a few more I've seen cant think of their names, one had alot of dog sledders. Anyway Alaska does look like an interesting place to live. But I hate being cold. But I dont like being too hot either, so I guess Ky being so extreme with its cold and heat ranges must be for me, the weather is always changing. Have fun at the beach gotta go. Janice
This discussion has been closed.