DAY 1

Options
One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. 2 Then he sent them out to tell everyone about the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3 “Take nothing for your journey,” he instructed them. “Don’t take a walking stick, a traveler’s bag, food, money, or even a change of clothes. 4 Wherever you go, stay in the same house until you leave town. 5 And if a town refuses to welcome you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate.”

6 So they began their circuit of the villages, preaching the Good News and healing the sick.

7 When Herod Antipas, the ruler of Galilee, heard about everything Jesus was doing, he was puzzled. Some were saying that John the Baptist had been raised from the dead. 8 Others thought Jesus was Elijah or one of the other prophets risen from the dead.

9 “I beheaded John,” Herod said, “so who is this man about whom I hear such stories?” And he kept trying to see him.

Replies

• MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    Lord,

Please help me to have faith in You, faith that you will provide for my needs, help me to rely on You instead of myself. Give me the power to recognize what I can and can't change and accept this with grace and dignity. Please forgive my sins. As always, give me a strong desire for You, Lord. I want to be your vessel.
  • LadyTyrion
    Options
    Amen, and likewise! :smile:
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    LUKE 9:1-9

OBSERVATION
    The teachings of Jesus was new and different from the teachings of the Pharisees and those who taught the Law but only to the point of taking it to another level so to speak. Remember, Jesus came to fulfill the law and not abolish it. So, sending the 12 disciples out was a way to spread the gospel even more. It is in God's will that all men be saved (1 Timothy 2:3,4). Jesus himself encountered the demon possessed in which he casted out, the sick in which he healed, the dead in which he raised. He gave the 12 disciples authority to do the same in His name. As Christians, we have the right to that same power. John 14:12 states, "I tell you the truth anyone whoever believes in me will do the same works I have done and even greater because I am going to be with the Father." His reasoning for giving authority then and even now to those that believe were to spread the gospel so that every man would have a chance to be saved. It was not and should never be for personal gain, respect from men, placing yourself on another level from anyone else and thinking you are holier than anyone else. Some do but it is not the will of God and it is not right. They are working in their own spirit and not His.

There were things that Christ specifically told the disciples to do and not to do when they disperse to go forth spreading the gospel. I think He told them those things to build up their faith and to make them become more humble.

APPLICATION
    I hope to build my faith up to be able to walk in the authority I already have and to become more humble before God.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, I ask that you allow me to be who you desire me to be in you. Help me to become more bold in spreading your Word to those that need to hear it. Help me to become more wise in encouraging those that need encouragement through your Word. I pray that you will give me what to say, how to say it and when to say it. Thank you for entrusing the Holy Spirit in me. I pray and ask these blessings in your Son, Jesus Christ name I pray, Amen.
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amen to both of those prayers those are beautiful!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It is reassuring that it is not our job to hang around trying to convince the town the need Jesus. It's just our job to simply tell the good news, the people then do what they want with the message of God's good news. It is God who softens and and changes their hearts, not us.