Sore knees after Saturday's WOD

Options
Dmkolls
Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
I've been crossfitting for almost 2 months, give or take a week. My coaches tell me I have good form and mobility on my squats. After a WOD with a lot of squat movements, my quads will be pretty sore with a little soreness on my glutes and hams. I took this as me not sitting back on my heels during the pushup part, which my spotter on my back squats confirmed earlier last week.

On Saturday's WOD, I tried to make sure I was pushing through my heels throughout the many..many...many squats we did. About an hour or two afterwards, my knees were seriously sore and tight. If I sat in one position, it was hard to get moving again. This went on all weekend, and today it isn't noticeable. My knees didn't hurt when I did squats before.

I went to my chiropractor for my normal adjustment, and she asked me to squat. She knows nothing about crossfit with the exception is that she sees a lot of injuries due to it. She told me that the technique is off.

I've been watching videos of it, and I "think" I'm doing it right, but the sore knees from Saturday tells me otherwise. My coaches have always praised my squats since the beginning. So, now I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing! I really wished they had mirrors there.

Replies

• cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    a lot of people in my gym wear knee sleeves and swear by them. Might be worth a shot to try them out