Arctic Zero

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Has anyone tried this? It's a type of frozen dessert, some of the varieties has 35 calories per serving, or 150 calories for the entire pint, which is 4 half-cup servings (which I could not finish these days, but back in the day, I would have wrecked it). It also has protein, I think about 3 grams per serving, or 12 per pint, for the flavors I tried. I liked some of the flavors but I decided not to buy it on a regular basis because I have a fear of it being/becoming a trigger food. It is nice to have the option though. There is also a frozen dessert called Halo Top that I heard about that is low calorie and high protein, but I haven't found that in the store yet.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I got some a few months ago.... It still sitting in my freezer with one bite taken out of it. Lol
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bought the cookies and cream one about a month ago..took 2 bites of it just to make sure the 1st one wasn't as bad as I thought it was...yeah, it was that bad in my opinion, went right to the trash can. Lol..isn't something I would put on my try again list, but that may be a very good thing..I used to really love ice creams :)
  • garber6th
    Options
    Some of the flavors are gross! The only one I really liked was the coconut.
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The Halo Top Chocolate is super yummy. I didn't like the Arctic Zero.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have it and its basically flavored ice. But there was also some controversy over the calorie claims and actual content being way off. You might want to google it before digging in too much more :) I know they came out with a new "formula' recently, that may or may not be related to that.

Otherwise... honestly I wont eat anything I dont like. I dont have a lot of room, so one or two bites of the good real stuff is better than a whole tub of flavored ice :)
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Was never a big fan of ice cream...I do love frozen yogurt though
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It was ok, not great. It was more like flavored ice. I tries cookies shake peanut butter cup. I still have Maple in the freezer. Maybe the fruity flavors are better. I like Forte protein Gelato (the ginger and the espresso - haven't tried chocolate).
  • garber6th
    Options
    janet0513 wrote: »
    It was ok, not great. It was more like flavored ice. I tries cookies shake peanut butter cup. I still have Maple in the freezer. Maybe the fruity flavors are better. I like Forte protein Gelato (the ginger and the espresso - haven't tried chocolate).

I have to find that gelato, I love anything ginger flavored!

• authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    A good alternative is homemade 'ice cream' with frozen fruit and light and fit yogurt in a strong blender. High protein, low calorie. Not 35 calories, but it's also filling.