Wedding planning

Options
13»

Replies

• purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey all - April 2016 bride here - most things are done - just the fiddly finer details things are left to do.
    :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hey Rach! Any tips for those of us still figuring stuff out? What are you doing? What are some of the details still being worked out (that some of us further out might even not know we'll have to do). Welcome again.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'd love an outdoor, festival themed wedding, barefoot with flowers in my hair and a bonfire. I'm in Ireland though so no matter what time of year we have our wedding its most likely going to be lashing rain and stormy.

My fiancé is into the whole silver service 6 course meal though.

I'm hoping to find a compromise! I'm into laid back and casual, he's into formal, traditional fine dining. Hmmm...
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hey Gillian, welcome to the group. That is a tough one. Is it possible you can try for the outdoor ceremony and then have the reception with an indoor space for the nice dinner, but also some outdoor space if it's nice that people can go out if they like? Or would he be open to he can have the nice formal dinner for the groom's/rehearsal dinner (not sure if that's a thing in Europe) and then have the wedding a bit more casual? Good luck!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree about a formal rehearsal dinner and a casual reception. It will be a smaller, more intimate setting with the people who matter most in the wedding. Also, this means he'll have to foot the bill for his expensive tastes. ;) Instead of you paying for something that isn't what you really envisioned for your reception.