First round...starting tomorrow.

Options
mscote12
mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
Hello! I am starting my first round of the 21 day fix tomorrow. I plan on doing the workouts in the morning before work since I work two jobs and get home fairly late in the evening. Today I plan to meal prep for the week and make sure I get all my containers in for each day, which feels slightly overwhelming but I'm sure I can handle it.
I got married last month and bought a house at the same time so I am hoping this program helps get me back on track. I have heard nothing but good things....really looking forward to giving this a shot. Here's to the next three weeks!

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Once you get the hang of the containers, they become second nature. It doesn't happen overnight but it does eventually happen.
  • Tonya7400
    Tonya7400 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Today is my first day of the 21DF and Im planning on doing my workout mid-day during my lunch hour (missed my early morning window). Any input on the best time to do the work outs and if you should stick to the same time everyday?
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Tonya7400 you have to find what works best for you, and most importantly what you can commit to doing. For me, I knew that if I didn't knock off my workout first thing in the morning, there were days when it wouldn't happen because I'd get too busy. So I get up 45 minutes earlier than I used to and do my workout then. The first week was pretty painful getting up that early, and sometimes it still is, but I love knowing that it's done for the day no matter what.

In the beginning, unless your body is accustomed to very tough workouts, I do suggest doing the same time every day to give your body a chance to heal between workouts.

Most importantly, make sure you SCHEDULE your workout just like you schedule anything else...and don't miss the "appointment". Otherwise it is too easy to neglect it.

Good luck!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Managed to get my butt out of bed this morning and got my workout in.... :smile:
    I stuck to the plan of meal prepping yesterday and I think I am good for the week, which is a nice thought since I am usually making my lunch the night before...haha
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 you are definitely on the right track! Good start!!!