Success Stories

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Have you successfully controlled your PCOS? Tell us your story!

It doesn't have to just be weight loss. If you've found a way to deal with the other symptoms -- acne, hair growth, etc. -- share those successes, too!

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well, I know some people really don't like Shakeology, but I have had success with it clearing up my skin AND recently noticed that after 3 weeks of doing Shakeology I have had a decrease in the growth and thickness of my facial hair. Excited about the results. :smiley: Not to mention it has helped me feel better with more energy and I have increased my weight loss when on it.
  • NurseMal09
    NurseMal09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I wonder what in the shakeology helped. I've heard it has alot of great things in it. Never tried but the cost scares me away.
  • rebecki24
    rebecki24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used It Works! Hair Skin & Nails and their Cleanser since April and have had only 1 pimple since! I was having really bad acne on and around my chin at least once a week so it's been a life saver!!! I actually became a distributor because I love it so much!!! #gamechanger
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Today I was literally crying as I weighed myself this morning! I'm so happy that finally something is working! I started a very high dose of Metformin and finally I've lost weight! I've been gaining non-stop for about 8 years and was morbidly obese when I first joined my fitness pal. Now I have a BMI in the 'obese' category instead of 'morbidly obese' and have lost nearly 5% of my original body weight! Don't get me wrong, I realise I still have an awfully long way to go but I've nearly reached my first initial target of losing 5% (12 pounds). It's just such a relief that there's the slightest bit of hope I might get better!

I'm glad to here that Metformin helped. I recently have been prescribed a much higher dose of Metformin and I'm bad at remembering to take them but I was also unsure if it really worked. I get paranoid with medications sometimes.
  • Wannabe150lbs
    Wannabe150lbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Metformin also worked for me as far as helping to lose weight, ease my mood swings, and regulating my cycles. Just wanna throw it out there that if you are taking Met, make sure you are also taking a B12 since Met depletes it. I'm very happy with it, it has made a huge difference in my life ^^
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have had success with weight loss thanks to eating low carb (most recently keto, which seemed to help more with belly fat than other ways of eating) and I also had success TTC on my second round of Clomid 50mg (though I did end up with twins!).
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I used metformin, it made me inattentive and forgetful. I wished it had worked for me or else I'd probably be at a lower weight.
  • jewls10st2go
    jewls10st2go Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It always appears as if the doctors don't quite know what they are doing when it comes to PCOS and I think that is down to it being slightly different for everyone. Just like some of us have balding and some of us have extra hair it seems to be a concoction of symptoms for each of us. Metformin made me terribly sick and didn't impact my weight one bit. Now I'm on a pill which makes your body think it is pregnant and the weight is starting to come off finally. When I was actually pregnant I lost so much weight the midwife was cross with me so hopefully now I've found the right thing to sort me out. Keep going ladies. Find your groove x x
  • angeleyes4280
    angeleyes4280 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    After struggling with PCOS for over 15 years, I finally found something that has helped me. I had to use fertility treatments to get pregnant with my son, which naturally, added a ton of weight to me. And as most of you know, PCOS also effects your sex drive, vaginal dryness, acne, and facial hair growth. On top of all of those nasty symptoms, I also had developed an auto immune disease and fibromyalgia. I thought all hope was lost. Then I discovered It Works products. I initially tried them for weight loss, because as you know, if you have PCOS, weight loss doesn't come easy. But what I found was nothing short of a miracle. I tried the cleanser for my acne, and it vanished. I tried the wraps, thermofit, fat fighters and greens, and the weight started dropping off, my energy level and sex drive came soaring up, at last check, my white blood cell count was back in normal range, I rarely have pain, and the facial hair has even subsided quite a bit. I have NEVER been so happy with products in my life!! That is my story and that is why I have become an It Works distributor. I want to share these products with the world!! I want to help others to get healthy. I also want to make friends on myfitnesspal, so that they can follow my journey and I can follow theirs and help support them on their way.
  • spiritsattain
    spiritsattain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Didn't notice if anyone mentioned Spiro, but that stuff has been a life saver. No more back/chest hair (ew), very decreased facial hair, no more acne and my hair is growing on my head again! I was seriously getting some male pattern baldness. Metformin has helped tremendously with my appetite, but I log my food and do my best to eat LC/HF. I run three times a week, and strength train twice a week.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @spiritsattain - I'm utterly jealous. Metformin and Spiro together for me created a horrible level of dehydration that had me having to quit the Spiro completely. I no longer take Metformin, either, though I may have to go back to it if my fasting insulin is still back up in October... Spiro never helped me really either. Just goes to show that we should all try all the things, all the combinations of things, because no one thing works for everyone, and there's no guarantee that what doesn't work for me won't work for you (see your post!!)...or vice versa. Heck, even the same meds might work differently or better for me now, since I've improved a number of health factors. Never quit biohacking! :)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I recently posted my story in the "Success Stories" thread - community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10442780/hypothyroidism-pcos-success#latest
  • spiritsattain
    spiritsattain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @spiritsattain - I'm utterly jealous. Metformin and Spiro together for me created a horrible level of dehydration that had me having to quit the Spiro completely. I no longer take Metformin, either, though I may have to go back to it if my fasting insulin is still back up in October... Spiro never helped me really either. Just goes to show that we should all try all the things, all the combinations of things, because no one thing works for everyone, and there's no guarantee that what doesn't work for me won't work for you (see your post!!)...or vice versa. Heck, even the same meds might work differently or better for me now, since I've improved a number of health factors. Never quit biohacking! :)

I totally understand the dehydration, I drink so much water and still deal with it. The Spiro took a good 6 months to see the positive effects, and my Endocrinologist said that was even early to see results. I agree, biohack!!!
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @JulieSHelms this is so awesome. It shows clearly why we have to be the best advocates for our own health and never stop fighting for answers.