Starting Over

Options
summerleigh76
summerleigh76 Posts: 13 Member
Hey y'all. I just joined your group because I'm thinking about doing 21 Day Fix again. I have gone through several phases of losing weight, then gaining it all back and then some. I'm starting to have some health issues too, and I'm fairly certain it's related to the weight gain. I have done 21 Day Fix before, but never made it all the way through, even though I love it. So I intend to start over soon, possibly next Monday. Wish me luck - I'm terrible about finishing what I start!!
~ Summer ~

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Check out this message from Kat, the modifier - she's awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZzrZJcJMQ&feature=em-subs_digest
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Commit to the 21 days...you won't regret it!! You can do this, we are all here for you!!!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am on day 3 of my first round....I have heard nothing but good things about this program, so we will see. I am really hoping I can stick to it!
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 round 1.... I had to start with the food as I forgot where I put my CD LOL. In just 4 days of clean eating I feel so much better.
  • Prim0312
    Prim0312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over after falling off the wagon during week 3. What I am doing (and hope that it works) is evaluating what my eating was and why I fell off. Hoping to avoid the same mistakes. Have you also done an honest evaluation as to why you didn't finish the program before?
    My two issues (I think anyway) were not enough calories per day and avoiding my love of sweet treats. By the end of week 2, I could barely stay awake and lacked massive energy. I lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks but that quick weight loss just isn't healthy when I have no energy to show for it. I think I needed more calories than I was allowing myself. This next go around I'm moving up to the next calorie group which will offer me a few more containers of food.
    As far as my denial of sweet treats, I thought I could just go without them even though Autumn lists treats that can be eaten. I'm not going to deprive myself this time bc my week 3 ended in me eating anything I could find to (1) boost my energy and (2) to give me my chocolate craving fix! No Bueno!!!!

Good Luck with the program and let's both finish strong this time!
  • Stephyotis
    Stephyotis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've started the 21 Day Fix a few times, but never completed the full 3 weeks. This Monday I am restarting and committing! With the food, I do not really use the containers, but I eat cleanly and watch my portions. I'm hoping I see some good results this time! I did a few of the workouts this week to get myself back into the swing and let me tell you.... I AM SORE.

Good luck!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It is only 3 weeks. And the success you will see in your measurements, your before/after pics, and even in how you feel simply from eating healthier will be more motivating than you can realize.

One of the reasons I avoided some of the other beachbody programs was my unwillingness to commit to soooo many days of one program. My husband loooooves P90 but I just couldn't imagine doing it. But 3 weeks? I can do that! And I did. And when I started round 2, I added the 8 weeks program PiYo. I loved doing them together. Then I decided to do Slim in 6 with 21DF. The thing I love is having the sense of accomplishment at the end of 3 weeks. I can "suffer" through the longer programs because I celebrate those short 3 weeks completion.

Having said that, though, I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, a 13 weeks program, along with PiYo, an 8 weeks program. And I won't even be able to finish the 13 weeks because I'll be leaving town after week 11. I may want to take some workout DVDs with me . . . or not. Regardless, I do know that, when I finish PiYo, I will do another round of 21 Day Fix. And I'm looking forward to it.
  • summerleigh76
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Today is the day I start the workouts (again). I'm going to try really hard to get through the whole three weeks this time ;)
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 day extreme on 20th ( Monday of this week ). Finding it difficult. . Just wondering how the rest of you were doing :)
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the start of week 3 on round 1 of this. I am surprised as how much I enjoy this program...I have stuck to the workouts every day and with a few tiny slips with the eating plan (adding a bit of salt to a few dishes and chewing some sugar free gum lol) I am feeling great! I don't think I will be stopping after the 21 days are over. We'll see....
  • missm2
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 round 1 today. I barely made it the end of week 1!!! Hopefully it will get better
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @missm2 for me, the first week was the hardest. The second week I kind of got into a rythm. By the end of the first round I felt like I knew what I was doing.
  • missm2
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :D .I'll continue ... I was going to give up !
  • jcraig10
    Options
    @missm2 I think week 1 was tough for me because my body was so sore every day. Week 2 is better, I promise!
  • summerleigh76
    Options
    I'm not doing great with the food - to be honest, I wanted to get moving again first, then I'll tackle the food issue. But I do love the workouts (except the burpees, of course).
  • jcraig10
    Options
    I literally dread Fridays because of Burpees @summerleigh76 lol!
  • summerleigh76
    Options
    Me too ...
  • missm2
    Options
    I had them today and an extra jump in plyo... at least I made it through :) .. thanks for the advice