New mum looking for some friends on here!! :)

Options
jezlightyear
jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
Hello to all you lovely mums out there!

My son is 2 months old and now that I feel back to my old self I'm ready to shed these lbs and get back to my pre-pregnancy, pre-long term relationship weight of 203lbs. I'm currently sitting at 248lbs, so with 45lbs to lose the road head seems a long and stressful one with a baby on my hands too!

If anyone has any tips on exercising with a little one I would be most appreciative, but I would just love some friends on here to keep in contact with and get/give some motivational words! :smile:

What are your goals?!

Replies

• MadamChick
    MadamChick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember that losing weight is 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym. So go easy on yourself and just track. I have four and my youngest is 13 months. My tip is to track everything and don't worry about if it is the right food or not. You still have a young baby, and weight loss is a marathon not a sprint.
  • ldevr
    ldevr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Glad to add you! I'm in a similar spot but with an almost 1 year old and a recent miscarriage I have reached my heaviest ever at 243. Would like to get to 180 to start! You can do it and so can I! Be glad to motivate and encourage you
  • adriana_910910
    adriana_910910 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm new to mfp too. I have a two year old daugther. I need to lose about a stone. But my partner isnt helping and it makes it hard for me to ignore the pizza and ice cream that he craves. Are your partners on board with eating healthy?
  • Fionasmama2014
    Fionasmama2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this app. I'm not sure if I'm responding to anyone or just writing my thoughts. My boyfriend also likes to get pizza etc.I try to stick to my goal by fueling my body when I need it. So I'm already full when the junk food comes or I try to cook dinner and have it ready, so there is no reason to buy junk etc.
  • dukiewoman
    dukiewoman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new to MFP. I have two daughters - 2 year and 4 months. My weight melted off the first time, but is sticking around after this pregnancy. (Probably because I'm munching on all of the toddler meals!) I'm trying to lose 15 pounds before the end of the year.