General Feedback for v2.7-3340

Options
vtmoon
vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
Hey guys,

Just got the e-mail to download the new version 2.7-3340. So make sure you update to see if any of your previous issues are resolved.

Replies

• vtmoon
    Options
    I seem to still be experiencing the multi-add reverting to single serving.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Multi add is still going to single serving for me. But seems to be a much more fluid version. Liking it so far no complaints!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    yes I find it does this, but if you press the X button top left, it sorts it out. not perfect but at least it fixes it.. have a go!
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I updated this morning to v2.7-3340.

The "Default to 1.0 servings" bug is still there for me. If I check "Always Use Multi-Add", I will see all servings revert to quantity 1.0. If I click on the "X" and then back to Multi-Add, it looks like it "remembers" the last-used serving size. (Until I leave the screen and then come back.) But this defeats the purpose of selecting "Always Use Multi-Add" in the settings.

On a happier note, the black screen... pauses... that were so bad in 2.7-3331 seem less frequent, and shorter in 3340. So far, it seems better anyway.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    Now the #pad doesn't show up to enter your pin on the nexus 4, but it does appear on the Nexus 10 - it switched!
    It does still come up when you tap the screen so it's not horrible, but it did stop working as it used it.
  • tony644
    tony644 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I downloaded the first Beta version the screens started displaying Kilojoules rather than Calories and with the latest version my phone is back to displaying Calories again. Apart from downloading the updates I haven't changed any settings.

I live in Australia where everything is labelled in Kilojoules so it was handy having the app display Kilojoules although a little confusing with the web displaying Calories and my phone Kilojoules.

Is there a setting where I can set what I want to display on both the web and app?
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to reproduce the issue previously reported issue where deleted items reappear if they were deleted during the sync.

Ongoing issues:
    Still getting a long pause (white screen with blue header bar) on first opening the app. Either after a fresh boot, or if I press Back all the way until the app closes, then re-opening the app.
    Still occasionally getting long pause (black screen) on opening a food item's details. I thought it might have been happening only after copying a meal from a previous day, but I just had it when adding a new meal. The pause isn't as long as before.
    Still noticing the app scrolls to the bottom of the page after it syncs. Noted mainly after copying a meal from a previous day. Makes it annoying to view/edit Breakfast when it jumps around on me.

I tried Force Stopping apps to free memory, but I don't have a lot running in the background that isn't a system app (ie Google Services). The only big one I could kill was Facebook so I did. Didn't change anything with the long pauses.
    I also tried Uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but no difference.

Samsung Nexus S, CyanogenMod 10.0, Android 4.1.2.
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to reproduce the issue previously reported issue where deleted items reappear if they were deleted during the sync.

Ongoing issues:
    Still getting a long pause (white screen with blue header bar) on first opening the app. Either after a fresh boot, or if I press Back all the way until the app closes, then re-opening the app.
    Still occasionally getting long pause (black screen) on opening a food item's details. I thought it might have been happening only after copying a meal from a previous day, but I just had it when adding a new meal. The pause isn't as long as before.
    Still noticing the app scrolls to the bottom of the page after it syncs. Noted mainly after copying a meal from a previous day. Makes it annoying to view/edit Breakfast when it jumps around on me.

I tried Force Stopping apps to free memory, but I don't have a lot running in the background that isn't a system app (ie Google Services). The only big one I could kill was Facebook so I did. Didn't change anything with the long pauses.
    I also tried Uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but no difference.

Samsung Nexus S, CyanogenMod 10.0, Android 4.1.2.

I can confirm two of these:
    1. Starting the app, I do typically get a long pause (several seconds) with a white screen with blue header.
    2. I get long pauses (~5 - 10 seconds or more) *sometimes* when I switch screens. Not just when viewing food details. I think it might be related to available RAM, because the pauses seem less frequent when I kill off other tasks before starting MFP. (Hard to say for sure, though, as I don't have any practical way to quantify, and I don't have control over random apps restarting on my phone...)

I'll keep an eye out for the deleted food reappearing when deleted during a sync, and the scrolling issue.

HTC One V (Virgin Mobile USA) Android 4.03
  • tony644
    tony644 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I downloaded the first Beta version the screens started displaying Kilojoules rather than Calories and with the latest version my phone is back to displaying Calories again. Apart from downloading the updates I haven't changed any settings.

I live in Australia where everything is labelled in Kilojoules so it was handy having the app display Kilojoules although a little confusing with the web displaying Calories and my phone Kilojoules.

Is there a setting where I can set what I want to display on both the web and app?

Thanks to lwoodroff I've found where to change the app settings (Settings - Fitness Profile - Change Units) and the best news is both the app and the web are now displaying Kilojoules. MFP just keeps getting better.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Looks like this is the version going live off it hasn't already according to the announcement post. It was fun debugging with you folks, see you in the regular forums!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is still being monitored but: white lag screen on launch is getting worse. If I amend a food or exercise in diary both the original and amended show rather than deleting the original. Can't upload a new picture but think this is a more general issue?
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This and another issue I reported exist in this version, but I guess if it's true that this version has gone live (I can't find an announcement post), it must not be that important. <shrug>
  • vtmoon
    Options
    This and another issue I reported exist in this version, but I guess if it's true that this version has gone live (I can't find an announcement post), it must not be that important. <shrug>

Ya Alan it went live, the announcement is on the top of this group stickies. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1021159-beta-test-wrapping-up-new-version-available)

They didn't know how to recreate it, I detailed how to but never got a response. So, I figured I was late and they already were done with the current version so they just will get to it eventually with next version.
  • Zicon
    Zicon Posts: 27
    Options
    I tried taking my measurements this morning, and this functionality is utterly broken.

Last time I took my measurements was before the beta, and the numbers I entered then are shown correctly on the web, but have been multiplied in the app. Neck circumference of 90cm? Hahano.

New measurements entered are the right number in the app, but are divided on the web. Now my neck is 14cm? Nope!

The numbers roughly correspond to converting between cm and inches (36" = 91.44cm, 36cm = 14,2").