What eating plan

Options
ChristyParadee
ChristyParadee Posts: 32 Member
What eating plan do you follow?

For me I eat as clean as I can...No soy, no gluten and very little dairy. Just lots of fresh veggies, fruit and lean meat like organic chicken and wild caught fish. I do have eggs and grass fed butter. I have been eating like this since April without a cheat =)

Replies

• shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I personally can't stick with restrictions when it comes to food. I feel deprived and after a while I binge. So I stick to portion control and everything in moderation.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My plan has transitioned from what I thought was good (it wasn't so good x.x) to vegetarian, to whole food vegan and I love where I'm at with it now. If someone would have told me a month ago that I wouldn't miss sweets or cheeses, I would never have believed them. There is a little fear in me that I'm going to wake up one day and suddenly miss everything and go bonkers and eat like I used to, but the more time that passes, the less that fear becomes. I think, for me, the real test will be when holidays roll around.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Little Update: Yesterday was my son's 13th birthday, I made him a huge cake (his favorite and one of mine, too) and didn't eat any of it. I didn't even want it, actually, which amazed me. The way I used to feel about sugar was to crave it every day, and I usually did have something for dessert AND a snack, every day. Now, I almost feel repulsed by it, it's really weird. I made a chocolate chip cookie pie for my MIL's birthday last week, too, and I still absolutely love the smell of baking cookies, but had no trouble not eating them. I really am still worried that I'm going to all of a sudden, out of nowhere, binge on sweets. Next week we're spending a week with my parents, I think this will be the toughest yet, because I love just about everything my Mom cooks, she's amazing in the kitchen. But, fortunately, she is also amazing with all veggies.