Up2 vs Up24

Options
Phild2000
Phild2000 Posts: 5 Member
My Up24 stopped working and Jawbone is replacing it with a Up2. They said it was an upgrade but after reading some comments I am not so sure. It will take two to three weeks to get it. Has anyone here used both the Up24 and the Up2? How did they compare?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Jawbone replaced my dead UP24 with an UP2, and I hate it. It's "one size fits most," which is way too big for me. The clasp comes undone sometimes. I can't feel the vibration—making the idle alert useless. (It was my favorite feature.) I can't put it into or out of sleep mode to save my life—fine, I do it via the app. But it goes to sleep in the middle of the day all by itself! And I often don't notice because I can't feel the vibration. I can't check the status by tapping it, so I have to open the app periodically just to make sure the "sleep" icon isn't on.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I think I'm one of few that actually likes my UP2. But I can tell from many people on here and other places that most have major issues with it. I have "quirks", as I like to call it, with it. But overall I do like it. I never had an UP24 so I cannot compare it for you though, sorry!
  • Harvie_Dent
    Harvie_Dent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My UP24 was just replaced by the UP2 as well. The clasp did come undone for me while at work and I did notice it would randomly go to sleep. I think it's easy to switch between modes tho, just need to find the right spot to hit it. And I have very very small rubber bands so I may add one to the bracelet to see if it'll hold the clasp better
  • lardo76
    lardo76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also just started using the Up2. Had been using the UP24 but it has since been discontinued. So far I really like it. It works well with my phone. It seems very accurate and is much smaller and more comfortable than my last up band. I did have issues with the tapping but if you vigourously tap it until you see a light then press and hold, it works just fine. Time will tell :-)
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yup my 24 died so I got a 2. It took me watching all the dang videos to get it figured out. Mine "randomly" goes to sleep mode too but I think I figured out it's due to the band coming loose and then when it slides down and hits my hand I think that's what does it. I'm not that great dealing with change and I was so peeved when my 24 died with no reason that it took me a bit to get used to this new one. I still love it like crazy but I'm now currently irritable because it's not syncing my steps or my food between apps!!!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Jawbone replaced my dead UP24 with an UP2, and I hate it. It's "one size fits most," which is way too big for me. The clasp comes undone sometimes. I can't feel the vibration—making the idle alert useless—and it goes to sleep in the middle of the day all by itself.
    Mine "randomly" goes to sleep mode too but I think I figured out it's due to the band coming loose and then when it slides down and hits my hand I think that's what does it.

My UP2 is too big, so I guess I'm doomed to having it constantly put itself to sleep. It's gotten so bad I ordered an UP24 in "like new" condition on Amazon for US$35. I'll finally be able to feel the idle alert again!
  • kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love the up2 fits much better on my wrist x
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My Up24 just died and I feel lost without it!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I like the new up. I noticed before the firmware update (there have been 2 since getting it) that it no longer switches to sleep mode while I'm running. Although the explanation described above makes sense. Depending on how much water I'm retaining makes my band feel loose.

I'm on my second band. My first on split apart and I think water got inside and broke the charging mechanism. I no longer shower with it and I'm trying to be extra careful with it. I don't think I'd replace it if it splits apart again.
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jawbone replaced my up24 with an up2. Hope it lasts longer tha 3 months! Their support was very fast to reply.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3audkids wrote: »
    Jawbone replaced my up24 with an up2. Hope it lasts longer tha 3 months! Their support was very fast to reply.
    Mine lasted 6mos. I'm @ 3mos with my up2