Cosplay

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! There's a couple of older threads in here from other cosplayers. I have not done any cosplaying yet but it is one of my goals as I get more in shape.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I looked at the first few pages of discussions but didn't see a cosplay one, but maybe I missed it. Cosplay is one of my biggest motivators for getting in shape as I felt less confident when I was heavier and let myself lose out on all the fun of doing it. Even though I have seen some amazing cosplays on all body types I have to admit I never felt comfortable doing it when I was larger
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of the Picture with Misha, Mark and Mark. I love that show and love those guys :)
  • kestrel359
    Options
    that's actually my favorite picture so far. I definitely encourage fans to go to the Supernatural conventions just because of how awesome all the actors are
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So cool !!! I would LOVE to do cosplay !
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm aiming to cosplay starting next year, this is the year where I visit conventions (GenCon & DragonCon), next year is when I bring out the cosplay thunder. Super excited!
  • kestrel359
    Options
    Cool! I hope to see pictures in the near future :)
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of my Lumpy Space Princess cosplay, back when I was about 200-210lbs:

k1x6hdi2ibyn.jpg

And here's a picture of the same cosplay (I had yet to paint myself purple, though!) at about 158lbs, I've lost another 8lbs since then.

rhnuxqods5ok.jpg

So as you can see, it's definitely worth it! I've almost finished my cosplay of Bishamon from Noragami. If you google her, you can probably tell why I'm a bit apprehensive... but I think I can pull it off!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    Options
    Well done!!

My motivation and lifting regime is highly motivated by my cosplay goals!

I aim to rock this sh** next year:

RSVulture01-Cov-A-Anacleto.jpg

red_sonja__by_drixart.jpg

I've always loved Red Sonja for being the biggest bada$$ ever, I would love to cosplay as her, but I don't feel like I'll do it justice until my muscles look bada$$ too. B)
  • kestrel359
    Options
    Here's a picture of my Lumpy Space Princess cosplay, back when I was about 200-210lbs:

k1x6hdi2ibyn.jpg

And here's a picture of the same cosplay (I had yet to paint myself purple, though!) at about 158lbs, I've lost another 8lbs since then.

rhnuxqods5ok.jpg

So as you can see, it's definitely worth it! I've almost finished my cosplay of Bishamon from Noragami. If you google her, you can probably tell why I'm a bit apprehensive... but I think I can pull it off!

You look awesome in both pictures! I can definitely see why you would be a little nervous to do Bishamon from Noragami. I am hoping to be comfortable doing more exposed costumes by next year so I can take my cosplays to the next level.
  • kestrel359
    Options
    Well done!!

My motivation and lifting regime is highly motivated by my cosplay goals!

I aim to rock this sh** next year:

RSVulture01-Cov-A-Anacleto.jpg

red_sonja__by_drixart.jpg

I've always loved Red Sonja for being the biggest bada$$ ever, I would love to cosplay as her, but I don't feel like I'll do it justice until my muscles look bada$$ too. B)

I've always thought Red Sonja would be cool to do too but I've never felt my body would look good in that costume. I hope to see your bad *kitten* pictures soon B)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    Options
    kestrel359 wrote: »

I've always thought Red Sonja would be cool to do too but I've never felt my body would look good in that costume. I hope to see your bad *kitten* pictures soon B)

Proportions-wise, I have a similar "build" to how she's drawn (particularly in the second picture), but I think I'll actually have the confidence to do it once I reach my goal weight. I even have a girl who does custom chainmaille. :D

And get a spray tan, cause otherwise, this right here:

Tanning_8cd6d1_5615465.jpg
  • kestrel359
    Options
    You're lucky to have a chainmail buddy, I'm totally jealous. Just a heads up if you've never done spray tan before, make sure you wear as little and as loose of clothing and shoes as you possibly can for the first few hours afterwards or it will get very streaky
  • KenziesFrenzies
    Options
    To be honest, I probably trust myself doing my tan more than a booth/person... I've used Fake Bake before, and that stuff is amazing. It makes you smell like a tropical vacation, and doesn't look jacked up on your knees/elbows/ankles as long as you follow the directions (and moisturize those areas first).

The best part is watching my boyfriend put on the mitt thing and buff it all over my back. :D
  • kestrel359
    Options
    I have never had luck with that. I always end up looking fake
  • kay_chan
    kay_chan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yay cosplay! You guys are amazing! I hope to get fit someday so I can cosplay too!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The only cosplay I've done, and it's only been at one con so far. The dang thing just about fell apart at the end and I have to rebuild it. 11130477_10205959789381555_6879973565744797338_o_zpsantzjzgh.jpg11182308_10205959787901518_680430183810522978_n_zpspntmghiq.jpg
    11160635_10205959792381630_7514856698443444678_o_zpshqmuum9t.jpg
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures and the goals.

I have never cosplayed. I think about it sometimes but I am all about comfort and I get really hot at conventions. If I ever do it though it would be Batgirl, Wonder Woman or River Song. River would be the easiest and most comfortable, but getting my hair to hold that kind of wild curl would be hard (I have straight blonde hair).

Problem with Batgirl is the wig and mask. Wonder Woman would call for a wig too. I don't know if I could wear one all day.

Maybe one of these days when I have the time or the money I will go for it. However, in the meantime, i need to buy my daughter a Sailor Moon wig. I think she needs the boots too. She is 21 and loves to cosplay. We go to NY Comicon together, but this is her last year in college. She wants to move away so I may be on my own after this year. (although my husband is coming with us for a bit on Friday, he likes this stuff too, but hates crowds and lines)
  • kestrel359
    Options
    sorry it fell apart but your pictures look pretty cool :)
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is a HUGE motivator for me. I'm going to Dragoncon this year and want to look better than I did at my local con. I did my first cosplay this year at a local comic con. It was super fun, but I did feel uncomfortable because of my weight. I've always wanted to do a nightelf from WoW, but I need to have less rolls to pull that off comfortably

otrwq27xq9e5.jpg

Me with the AMAZING Danai Gurira as Michonne (I still cringe at how chubby I look next to her amazing physique in that pic. My arms are literally twice the size of hers)

ru7j244v2xlj.jpg

Me as Lana Kane from Archer. I felt a bit better in this one.

My dream cosplay would be Vivienne from Dragon Age; I'm going to teach myself to make her costume

vvopgqd6zvtk.jpg