Being credited for 10,000+ calories - Charge HR

Options
janejellyroll
janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
I recently purchased a Charge HR and linked it to MFP. For the first week, everything worked as I expected it to. Then, two days ago, it began crediting me for way more calories than I should had (Yesterday it gave me 10,000 calories, for example). I woke up this morning and saw that I already had over 4,000 calories extra added to my day. When I look at Fitbit, everything is normal and as expected. This is only showing on MFP and it's showing both on the web and in the app. Just in case there was an issue with the app, I uninstalled it last night and reinstalled -- but the extra calories are still showing up. I did not change my activity setting, goals, or anything else that I can think would relate to this.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Replies

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me a few days ago (fitbit had given me a 30000+ burn for the day). In my case my weight had changed when I updated the app. When I told fitbit I didn't weigh nearly 90 stone it corrected itself. Hope that's it for you too.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I had this happen to me a few days ago (fitbit had given me a 30000+ burn for the day). In my case my weight had changed when I updated the app. When I told fitbit I didn't weigh nearly 90 stone it corrected itself. Hope that's it for you too.

I just double-checked this and it wasn't the issue. Thanks though!

Edit: I may have been wrong. Although my weight looked accurate, when I "saved" the page again the issue went away. Everything looks normal now. Thanks!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

Do you display as US or metric?

Because the stats are saved as metric and merely converted to US when viewed.

Could be the actual saved value was higher, though the display was old and cached and not was was really being used.

Good to know. Weight viewed still may not be what is being used.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. How can I remove my fit bit from mfp? I don't like them crediting me the calories i burned the whole day. I only wanna log the calories I burned when I worked out. Please help.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    To fix the problem, reenter your weight in your Fitbit settings.

To disconnect your accounts, go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. How can I remove my fit bit from mfp? I don't like them crediting me the calories i burned the whole day. I only wanna log the calories I burned when I worked out. Please help.

Guess what MFP is doing anyway?

You are starting with it's estimate of daily burn that includes exactly what the Fitbit is doing a better job at.

You aren't actually accomplishing what you think you are doing.

Why would you trust MFP and a static formula for everyone and your selection of non-exercise activity level from a rough 4 levels - and not trust the Fitbit that is actually on you and getting a better estimate of what you burn daily and allowing MFP to correct it's rough guess?
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also think I am being given too many calorie credits! Maybe it's because I weigh so much but this is my first week so the tale of the tape will tell all!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    krenwren wrote: »
    I also think I am being given too many calorie credits! Maybe it's because I weigh so much but this is my first week so the tale of the tape will tell all!

I was shocked how many calories Fitbit said I could eat. But I lost the weight & have kept it off. Enable negative calorie adjustments, trust your Fitbit for a few weeks, then reevaluate your progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

And, of course, log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE. If you eat less than that (way more than 1,200), you will lose weight.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Click Disconnect