Give me your favorite foods these days

Options
sinderstorm
sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
Food rut, party of 1. In serious need of new snack and lunch ideas. So lay them on me! What are you eating and really loving these days?

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My go to foods are: boiled eggs, dark chocolate oven baked almonds or the toasted coconut flavor, Greek yogurt with a mix of oats, chia, hemp seeds and buck wheat with a little fruit (sometimes I will use protein granola instead). I am having aidells chicken pineapple meatballs tonight which are great as a meal or snack.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Eggs, nuts, jerky, protein bars, almond butter and apples, celery and hummus, and cottage cheese
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Dried roasted seaweed, cottage cheese, sunflower seeds, tuna avocado salad (basically mushed up avocado mixed with package of tuna), refried beans cup (4oz) from Taco Cabana, salmon sashimi, black table grapes
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Egg salad. I dip pork rinds in it. YUM.

I also LOVE spaghetti squash--- I roast a big FAT one on the weekend and then just reheat as needed. My preferred way to eat it is with salt, pepper and butter. SO GOOD!

Sliced home grown tomatoes with basil and mozarella are delightful, too. :)
  • sinderstorm
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you! Boiling up some eggs right now, and making my grocery list for tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration, I need to get out of my rut of the same 3 snacks every day.
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm finding the Quest Protein Chips are a great sub for that crunchy fix and 20 grams protein
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with the Chobani oats yogurts. The sugar profile is a *little* high, but I got them cleared with the nut, since they are so awesome otherwise. :)

Also, cheese and fruit (any sort), hummus with celery, radishes (just plain with salt) and cucumber salad.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch these days is Black beans mixed with a little diced onion and cilantro rolled inside turkey slices spread with chipotle laughing cow and some baby spinach...seriously everyday talk about a rut! LOL!
  • denicejo
    denicejo Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Food rut, party of 1. In serious need of new snack and lunch ideas. So lay them on me! What are you eating and really loving these days?

I don't know if this is a faux pas or not but I started a FB page called the Potluck Pouch. It is dedicated to recipes and products. Feel free to check it out. But to answer your original post...I'm addicted to spiraled zucchini noodles and massaged kale salads.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been loving roasted pepper hummus and 34* black pepper thins or baby carrots...also, homemade chicken salad with pickles on a slice of toasted delightful bread. I also enjoy the quest sea salt and vinegar protein chips
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    Eggs, deviled eggs made with guac and hummus, pork rinds, nuts, apples with almond butter, cottage cheese, pears with goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto, jerky, meatballs
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Grilled steak medium rare. Broiled lobster tails. Grilled pork loin with honey mustard BBQ sauce. Tomatoes, Bibb lettuce, fresh cantaloupe, strawberries, Quest protein chips with light Laughing Cow cheese.
  • sinderstorm
    Options
    @tat2cookie what are your egg/guac/hummus proportions for those deviled eggs? I think I could easily become addicted to those, all things I love.
  • tat2cookie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I use about a table spoon or so of each.... I just eyeball it. Lol
    e3glxufwmql3.jpg
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do that with my eggs too. I add wholly guacamole ( never tried added hummus) snack packs.
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love hummus and Stacey's pita chips. Love Quest bars, laughing cow wedges on celery sticks, ground turkey chili, Boars head low sodium ham and Low fat alpine lace Swiss roll ups.
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    janet0513 wrote: »
    My go to foods are: boiled eggs, dark chocolate oven baked almonds or the toasted coconut flavor, Greek yogurt with a mix of oats, chia, hemp seeds and buck wheat with a little fruit (sometimes I will use protein granola instead). I am having aidells chicken pineapple meatballs tonight which are great as a meal or snack.

I've started making my own muesli which is full of fiber (I find it hard to get enough) and vitamins. Similar to Janet I use oats, coconut, mixed nuts (whatever on special at supermarket), pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds etc. Basically whatever I can get my hands on I put in my supermuesli. Goes in the oven at 150C for about 30mins giving it a few stirs in between to make sure doesn't burn. Last night I added some chopped dates... so much better than anything pre-made and VERY easy once you get the hang of it!

Also lots of recipes online for homemade protein balls. My favourite ones are the truffles here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/healthy-recipes-4-gourmet-whey-protein-truffles.html