Virtual walk - The Way of St James - "Camino de Santiago"

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
I am contemplating a virtual walk of the Camino de Santiago, the Way of St. James. The Way of St. James or St. James' Way is the pilgrimage route to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain, where tradition has it that the remains of the apostle Saint James are buried. I became aware of this pilgrimage when I watched the movie "The Way" starring Emilio Estevez and Martin Sheen. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441912/

Although there are several routes, the most popular route is the The French Way. It runs from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on the French side of the Pyrenees to Roncesvalles on the Spanish side and then another 780km on to Santiago de Compostela through the major cities of Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos and Léon. A typical walk on the Camino Francés takes at least four weeks, allowing for one or two rest days on the way.

If anyone is interested in taking this virtual walk with me, please let me know. If there is enough interest, I would create a group for our adventure. I plan on starting my walk on July 1.

Replies